My New project A Kona Muni Mula

normanatkinson28

Dirt Disciple
I won this on eBay last week paid the guy £79.88p he said I had a great bike at a low price
I took it to my bike shop to get it look over Glyn at Blazing Saddles said he could sell it this time of year for £250.00 the bike is in a very good conduction no cracks or dents the paint is also in good conduction for a 1998 bike Ball Burnished was the colour but later in the year kone it was changed to blue do not know why ?

This bike A Small Frame

XTR Cranks
XTR rear Mec
Deore front Mec
LX shiffters
Shimano DX brakes
Deore hubs Mavic 317 rims

Will change the seat post and saddle
the front brake is tektro will change with XT or if i can find a DX ?

Then later will get a respray (Yellow) with blue decals 1997 year

Attachments

• this-one.jpg
    this-one.jpg
    125.9 KB · Views: 1,362
Re:

Got your moneys worth in the cranks and mech so a free bike :LOL:
My 1997 Muni Mula is pretty much finished now so i must get some pics sorted !
All the best with it :cool:
Paul

Re:

Great deal, I guess plenty of bike buyers were put off because it is such a small frame.

I have bought two bikes this year and pretty much made my money back on selling the parts I didn't want, neither were as good a deal as you have. I am still left with White Industries Crank Set and Hope hubs etc that I want to keep along with the frames.

Re:

I love the 1997 Muni Mula the {decals light blue} are just the right size and the red colour of the frame
is fantastic
When I have my Muni Mula resprayed I would do it in yellow with 1997 decals the light blue ones

Small is beautiful I am only 5 feet 4 inches, small bikes look great becase there is not to much colour overall on the frame that is why small sports cars look great just imagine a big family car in say red

Hi, it looks like you got a really good deal! It's a 1998.5 colour scheme. They brought it out as a special for the Kona 10th anniversary. If I was you and considering the uncommon nature of the pain scheme I'd hold off on a respray. You might be able to pick up another cheaper frame that you could spray in yellow.

Re:

Now I know will keep it as it is many thanks

Had a change of mind the paint is so flat and scratched that i have sent it for a re-spray
canary yellow with red decals edged white

Norman

Back