My mystery green french road bike, w/mainly dura ace 58/9cm

Status
Not open for further replies.

coomber

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
So after building this over 6 months, realise the gearing is killing me and to be brutally honest, just prefer the simplicity of my modern synapse whilst I get used to this lycra wearing type of riding. Could do with the space and funds for some mountain bike project I have on the go too.

Size is a smidge over 58 - nearer 59 centre to top seattube and 58 top tube centre to centre.

It's cost me a bomb to put together, and this is as it stands:

Here's some pics as it stands:

Nice chrome:

Anyone know where to buy a new hood?
[URL=http://s819.photobucket.com/user/hilariousadrian/media/P1020458_zps07589622.jpg.html]
P1020454_zps19e45ca3.jpg
[/URL]
Love or hate paint

Frame is unknown make, resprayed by Tesag (belgium) weighs very little, French bottom bracket thread, chrome all good and only a few scratches and marks on the frame, worst being a 1" patch on underside of downtube where previous owner must have had on a turbo trainer I think. Obvious signs of a quality builder which you notice more in the flesh, and the pictures do not do it justice at all. Internal routing on top tube. No rack mounts etc.

Rear mech is dura ace, running 14 speed with dura ace shifter, and dura ace brakes and levers. Dura ace cranks too which are lovely. Should point out that one hood has a rip in one which has been glued.

Front mech and hubs are shimano 600, wheels are absolutely lovely and have only had about 80 miles on them since Foz sold them to me. Wolber hubs as per pictures. Clearance in the photos are with 700c - 23 tyres.

126mm rear spacing, obviously 1" headset, thomson 27.0 seatpost (came with a 27.2 but I found it a little tight), original (to the build) saddle.

I will be taking the pedals off and changing the new rubina tyres for some stock no namers off my cannondale, unless you want to pay another £20 for them as they are brand new and lovely things.

I'm not to worried if it doesn't sell complete and will instead split and maybe keep the frame in the loft for another day.

Otherwise I am after £240 without pedals and that is for collection from East Devon. I don't want to post - I want cash on collection and an easy transaction. I could probably get near that for the bits before the frame itself so I am not keen to go any lower.

My brother is always on the lookout for a large 29er or retro full susser so if you have one you want to part ex that might be possible, but cash is king as they say.

Thanks all - happy to answer any questions.

Nice bike and i am a Dura Ace addict. I think you could get close to the asking price for the parts alone - so a bargain for someone.

I am on a bike buying ban at the moment - too many unbuilt to justify a purchase.

Good luck with the sale and good luck to the lucky buyer.

Richard

I know what I paid for the parts, so yes, I know I will be taking a massive hit, as I paid £100 for the wheels alone. It's priced for no hassle collection, unfortunately I am so cross at the moment with a few horrible ebay selling and posting that I can't be doing with posting it as it stands. Really sorry about that.

TGR thanks for the nice words, it is lovely, I feel bad it sits doing nothing to be honest.

Maybe keep it until your mood improves? Massive hit seems about right, i have the full groupset of DA 7400 and i know what the bits cost - cranks alone are over half the price of your bike!

Consider your options and don't be too rash - some things can never be replaced - like the frame!

As i mentioned in long hand GLWS

Richard

Tgr you are right. I will probably regret selling.

Likely split and put frame in the loft.

But in the meantime any interest let me know

Re:

This is lovely, what size are you? I ride a 58cm cervelo and am wondering if this will fit me?

Cheers James

Re:

33" leg, 6 foot 1-2. I ride a 58cm synapse with a bit if Seatpost showing.

Have someone looking at this in the morning.. But he hasn't confirmed

PM's should all have been replied too.

I will be splitting this next week sometime if not sold in the meantime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back