Muddyfox Courier restores blog shock....

muddyfox_courier

Devout Dirtbag
Feedback
View
Hi guys . I've kinda ressurected my old blog . There's some stuff back in the archive from a few years ago. The birth of my home grown ghetto fixie and possibly some pix of my BMX.
Anyway , I've took the plunge and started the ,hopefully light (£), restoration on my Courier which I'll document here / there ,and as time allows I'll upload some old magazine/ brochure scans.
I've just put up a flyer from the original MBC newsletter. Proper vintage.
OK . Tim

www.stealbikes.blogspot.com Has that link worked ? Damn thing

nothing in your post unless you quote it!

Hi guys . I've kinda ressurected my old blog . There's some stuff back in the archive from a few years ago. The birth of my home grown ghetto fixie and possibly some pix of my BMX.
Anyway , I've took the plunge and started the ,hopefully light (£), restoration on my Courier which I'll document here / there ,and as time allows I'll upload some old magazine/ brochure scans.
I've just put up a flyer from the original MBC newsletter. Proper vintage.
OK . Tim

www.stealbikes.blogspot.com

Has that link worked ? Damn thing

Well , I'm good with my hands.
I've been struggling to get the freewheel off , which I need to do so I can buff up the rims/hubs before a respoke.
Been to two bike shops. No suitable tool . 4 pin Suntour. Ironically , I " have" one , but cant find it.
Anyway , the big hammer and old screwdriver came out. Fairly mullered the freewheek . No joy.
Tried fabricating a tool from a socket ,using a thin cutting wheel in the angle grinder .
No joy . Hmm .
So , I'm looking at the freewheel
I'm looking at the grinder.
I work in construction .
The freewheel has gone to meet its maker.

Attachments

• 2012-09-01 18.11.35-1.jpg
    2012-09-01 18.11.35-1.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 774
here . Another pic from today's shenanigans.....

Here . Have a look at the blog . I'm hoping to get the whole restoration done in about 2 weeks . We'll see . I intend to do pretty much everything apart from the wheelbuild .
I'm stuck a little with the saddle . What to do , that is . It's the original brown leather nubuck style one . It's original , as in , tired . The leather is quite worn . Have you any experience of recovering . Its something I've never done . What about ' feeding ' the leather .
Anyway . ....
http://www.stealbikes.blogspot.co.uk/

Attachments

• 096.jpg
    096.jpg
    310.7 KB · Views: 739
Loving the blog - actually caused me to sign up so I can follow it! Spray booth is a particularly impressive hour's work :D

Ooh. I'd better get blogging then.
Been busy busy.
Spray booth put to good use on Sunday , but not without incident.
Monday . Tour of Britain came past our house. Went for a fixie spin to a suitable spot.
Dead good. So , ended up doing a lumpy 20 odd.
THEN.
Monday night. Scott bikes 2013 launch at the velodrome.
All over it.

Here . A modern bike.
Nick Craigs IOM end to end Spark 29er he raced the day before....

Back