Mod or rocker?

If you had to choose one genre of popular music to reflect what you were into when you started MTBin

• Stone Roses/Happy Mondays/Primal Scream

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Metallica/Slayer/

• Sisters of Mercy/Bauhaus

• Nirvana/Pixies/Ministry

• Wonder Stuff/Pop Will Eat Itself

• Guns'n'Roses/Black Crowes

• Leftfield/Orbital/The Orb

• Smiths/REM/JAMC

• Bon Jovi/Def Leppard

• U2/INXS

• Brand New Heavies/M-People

• Chumbawamba/New Model Army

• Total voters
tintin40":2xk5k8xn said:
No Classical music :?

I agree... I am massively into MOST kinds of music (most of the above included), but there's no classical, no hip-hop, no R&B, no... well, lots of great types of music missing here! :cool:

Into anything really at the time depending on location and company.

Soundgarden and The Prodigy would be near the top of my list though.

hova":185bdpt1 said:
tintin40":185bdpt1 said:
No Classical music :?

I agree... I am massively into MOST kinds of music (most of the above included), but there's no classical, no hip-hop, no R&B, no... well, lots of great types of music missing here! :cool:

Actually I clocked that and was going to edit the poll but I can't see how to do it.

Commercial R&B is SORT of covered under Brand New Heavies/M-people though.

Hip hop is just a gaping error I hang my head in shame for.

Classical - yes - but this thread was intended to be about "popular" music as played on Radio One BITD, which is why Jazz, "proper" R&B and folk are missing.

Most of the above.
New Model Army should have a section all on there own and not chucked in with Chumba'we'll never sell out, oh sh@t we just have'wumba :LOL: :LOL:

I know not how to post a link, but if you feel the erge look up Green and Grey on youtube, absolutely funking awesome. Thats my 2peneth ;)

Re: .

Grannygrinder":l7k5yrpg said:
Most of the above.
New Model Army should have a section all on there own and not chucked in with Chumba'we'll never sell out, oh sh@t we just have'wumba :LOL: :LOL:

I know not how to post a link, but if you feel the erge look up Green and Grey on youtube, absolutely funking awesome. Thats my 2peneth ;)

Green and Grey is truly awesome! Seen NMA seven times over the years and they've been amazing every single time.

However, one notable omission from the list of voting options - the best band ever - The Clash. Been into them since 1977, when I was 12 and they still haven't been toppled IMHO!

azaro":1mrr9wky said:
However, one notable omission from the list of voting options - the best band ever - The Clash.

Not so - it's a period specific selection and the Clash were gone before then.

But if political texts and edgy rhythms are your thing then cross off the New Model Army box.

Grannygrinder":v26wtsxf said:
Most of the above.

My personal favourite NMA record was Vengeance - which I still have on vinyl.

"Thunder and Consolation" was believed by some at the time to be New Model Army selling out as it was so successful and gave the clog mill at Hebden bridge a lot of business.

Which is of course nonsense. And exactly the same thing happened to the Chumbas.

dbmtb":ilyb8g6y said:
Which is of course nonsense. And exactly the same thing happened to the Chumbas.

Sad to report mate I saw an advert for a nineties pop weekend mini festival in a Butlin's holiday camp in last weeks papers. Chumbawumba are playing.

I'd like to point out I'm not sad about it. I never liked them.

Back