Mod or rocker?

If you had to choose one genre of popular music to reflect what you were into when you started MTBin

• Stone Roses/Happy Mondays/Primal Scream

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Metallica/Slayer/

• Sisters of Mercy/Bauhaus

• Nirvana/Pixies/Ministry

• Wonder Stuff/Pop Will Eat Itself

• Guns'n'Roses/Black Crowes

• Leftfield/Orbital/The Orb

• Smiths/REM/JAMC

• Bon Jovi/Def Leppard

• U2/INXS

• Brand New Heavies/M-People

• Chumbawamba/New Model Army

• Total voters

dbmtb

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Assuming most of us started riding in the late 80s-mid 90s and the Stone Roses reformation has thrown up some interesting debate, if you HAD to choose - where would you be?

I have an idea that retrobike's core membership was/is more into dancy/indie grooves before we were old enough to appreciate folk music- but go on - prove me wrong!

I've listed band names as archetypes instead of genres - makes classification easier

Stone Roses/Happy Mondays/Primal Scream/Nirvana/Pixies/Ministry/Wonder Stuff/Pop Will Eat Itself/Leftfield/Orbital/The Orb/Smiths/REM/JAMC

All of the above :p

I voted 4 but,
3,4,5,7,8 & 12 were all represented, I graduated through all of them.

Smiths, Mary Chain, Sisters, Bunnymen, Cure, Nephilim, Mission, Ministry, Nirvana, Pixies, Jesus Jones, Poppies, Wedding Present, Gaye Bykers, Julian Cope, Nick Cave etc etc
Orbital, Disposable Heroes, NMA way too many to mention

any bands that were playing live from '86 onwards.

Everything really.

Despite owning a retro steel MTB I only got into non-CX off-roading a couple of years ago, in which case (despite being a fan of some of the above bands) time-wise British Sea Power might be nearer the mark for me.... :?

David

Levellers go under Chumbawamba and New Model Army, wouldn't you say?

Grateful Dead - Hmmm. The lists are very early-mid 90s UK-centric aren't they? Suppose I could have done a box for spacerock etc - I was listening to Hawkwind and the Ozric Tentacles around this time I guess.....

But I'd put them under Guns n Roses OR Chumbawamba - depending one what else cut your jibe back then....

Back