Mbk

Thenewguy

Retro Newbie
Hello ,

New here ,born in 1977.i have a willier triestina .
I have my eye on a mbk mtb ,can you guys tell me if this is a Ti or alu one ? 1000007378.jpg 1000007367.jpg

Most bikes in the 90s were chromoly steel. It pretty much hit the sweet spot of being relatively easy to manufacture, while being light(ish) and so represent good value.

That MBK looks like its in good condition, and if the price is right should be a good buy. You will not make your fortune from it if you later sell it on though.

100% cromoly, possible hi-tensile steel rear end, you should be able to find some specs online. I have a soft spot for MBK's as my first proper mountain bike was a MBK back in 1989.

However, they are not great bikes and you will do better looking for other brands such as Specialized, Kona, Trek, Marin etc. If you want it because you like it and it reminds you of a past time when you were young, then go for it! However with the other big brands (there are loads more!) they will be lighter and ride better. MBK were always a bit behind the times.

Price wise? £50? Not a super desirable bike IMHO and with STX so fairly low end.

Sounds about right, possibly go another £20/30 if as it looks like it's hardly been ridden. 27motorhead is right though, MBK are a solid if unremarkable brand - and you will get something with a bit more Va Va Vroom for a similar price or a little higher.

Last edited:
Gonna bye it tommorow if im lucky 35€. .Today i missed out on a gary fisher sugar 3 ,75€.Someone did 60€ on it ,sended i buy it for 75 € because thats what he was aski g for it ,he said someone is coming tommorow bad luck. 1000007397.jpg

35€ is a great price! That Gary Fisher was cheap, but old full suspension can come with lots of troubles such as worn shocks, bushes, pivots, leaks, putrid elastomers etc. Can't complain about getting an MBK cruiser tank for 35€!!! :cool:

Back