"Mavic" Alloy frame

Crell

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
I think that this is made by a certain US frame builder, and there are a couple of design features on the frame that make it look remarkably like one of his bikes. So what do you think? Brownie points for the right answer ...or at least guess what I think it is (which it may not be :) )

I don't think it's one of the seller's suggestions:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=360162796058&rvr_id=&mfe=sidebar

!BSLt4)w!2k~$(KGrHgoH-D0EjlLlt1SHBKB3+EpLhQ~~_1.JPG

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
From the welds, the 1 1/4" headtube, the massive down tube, the pulley and the cable stops I'd say you're thinking Daryl Funk?

Sorry I forgot to come back to this and just saw a question in another thread about it from kaiser.

My spidey sense was pointing this to being an Ellison; though not sure if he ever did any 1 1/4 frames.

The welds...though lots of crap out there has big bulky welds.
The downtube gussett is identical to the one on my 93 ellison.
The "shiney"cable stops are the same / very similar...though on mine they were only used on the stays - not for the top tube (which looks a bit OTT for me)
Same intersectionof the seatstays and TT to the seat tube
The dropouts are similar - though my ellison has a litte bit more "style" (aka he cut a curve in to one of the straight edges ).

Unfortunately I can't get to the frame to check the details. It could be total crap but there were a few similarities that just got my attention. Just realised the stays are round - square on the ellison.

I'm sure I've seen that frame in MBA as well in the past.

Interesting..

.. this was the one that got me thinking:

P1060527.jpg

note the cable stops

!BSLuvOwBGk~$(KGrHgoH-DkEjlLly9hRBKB4CjUZN!~~_1.JPG

Maybe there was a shop that sold the cable stops by the ton?

I take it this frame was labeled Mavic and used by their "neutral support" race support mechanics. GT did a number of "Neitral support" road frames for Mavic back in the mid to late 90's.

Back