Matching Deore DX Crankset?

Croydian

Dirt Disciple
Hello people, I've just bought the following cranks for our tandem. They're Deore DX. Could Anyone suggest a triple chainset to match and make a complete tandem set? We're not racers so a normal 42/32/22 set would be fine and it doesn't really have to be DX as long as they're silver and a similar shape.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0320624672

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
DX was never made in compact drive, so you won't get a 22/32 ring set - matching would be 24/34 minimum.

There were some DXs NOS for sale last week - right hand (drive) only as a single. If I remember right it was from a shop clearout in Holland.

Alternatively, mid 90's compact drive ones (like LX/XT from 1994-1996) are very similar with thickish crank arms before they went to the exotic hydroformed shapes.

FWIW I have a RHS 1994 LX 175 available, PM if interested.

Whatever you do (speaking as a tandemist myself) make sure you get a steel inner ring. The two of you will rip the teeth off a trick alloy one in no time.

Back