MacRetro Trading Post

TheKen

Hi mate
I know I shouldnt but.......whats the wee frame?
I will be going through Perth on Sunday mid morning so if you want to meet up at Tiso's for a coffee I dont need an excuse for that ;)

Jamie

The Gazelle Superbe, Columbus Foco frame (50cm C-T compact), it is too small for me and want a bigger frame, I can bring it along fully assembled so you can size it properly and get a proper look, it has been used now but he condition is pretty much the same as when I started as it has only had dry miles.

embdy want a 21" (i think) Marin Muirwoods from 1988/9? Frame/forks/stem/tioga avenger headset only.....

bianchi327.jpg

usual scuffs and scrapes......say £40?

Prefer to handover rather than post :cool:

velomaniac":3ttovgjc said:
If ZZ was prepared to shift it in his car i'd consider it, never had a Marin and thats suitably loud for my tastes :LOL:

Although a bit battered it IS QUITE BRIGHT as it cleaned up quite well. Actually Velo with those bars it might be quite good for you - the position is well suited to Tall Fellows :D Might let you have it WITH the accompanying parts as shown if I'm in a good mood :LOL:

Mr P. if you make sure its off road worthy I could ride it at the Nevis meet and save bringing another bike up thus it would be transportable by ZZ on the return. That way i'd give it a good shakedown and figure out what i need to change ;)

velomaniac":26iujmzz said:
Mr P. if you make sure its off road worthy I could ride it at the Nevis meet and save bringing another bike up thus it would be transportable by ZZ on the return. That way i'd give it a good shakedown and figure out what i need to change ;)

That could be tricky timewise for me - HOWEVER as I am a nice chap and will have loads of room I could bring this up, we work on it on the Friday evening, AND also bring a spare complete bike for you to use if the Marin isn't yet operational for any reason (think it just needs front derry and cabling up)

:shock:

Thats the ticket, whats the point of a MacRetro meet without some last minute desperate fettling :LOL:

That way we wont overload ZZ's car with 3 complete bikes. Have a quick squiz of the marin just to be sure whats needed and let me know of any bits you could do with, I do live by the treasure trove of The Bike Station ;)

OK - be aware the brakes are rubbish - Miranda or summat from a skip bike just put on to get the thing useable (pads are good) - if you want anything better you'd need to bring 'em

I was going to take this to Arran and leave it at motherinlaw's house, hence wasn't fussy about components, but not doing that now :LOL:

You might need to look out some grips for the bars as I haven't got any to fit the curvature, or use roadie bar tape ;)

Otherwise i think it should be fine............just needs cables as I said.

EDIT: VELO - I've measured it and the frame is 20" (seat tube CTT) NOT 21"
Top tube is 22.5" Is that gonna be too wee
:?:

Back