MacRetro Trading Post

Apparently I'll need one mount bolt - the seller says 6mm (he thinks) but fairly standard and available from Halfords - does that make sense or do you know otherwise?

I've got a pair of skis to butcher but I'm not sure what I'll make the mounts from - the kit on that skibike is £200 which is a little above my £30 budget :)

Come spring I'll put on the kit from the KHS and have a fun bike.

Does anyone want the KHS?

It is a Karma bike Tazio, we pass it around when we are done with it - good nick too, you only have to promise not to sell the frame and forks and to pass it on within retrobike. It will come with the nearly fitting seatpost too. (a 26.7 instead of the 26.8 it is meant to need)

I had to buy a new stronglight headset for it so if you want that I'd like a working 1-1/8th ahead set in return. (it uses a threaded 1 inch) but I'll remove it if you want to put on something decent.

I'll be in edinburgh next week too so I could drop it off.

Anyone got a pair of 1 1/8" ahead 700cc or 29" forks from a hybrid or something, for a secret, definitely not bodge-a-cx-bike ;), type project? Want to put a road wheel on an MTB frame and run v-brakes. Budget is extremely limited so I'd be after something very scrappy. Anyone got anything suitable lying around?

Very interested in it., I've been after a steel frame for a while and it suits the bill sizewise (and pricewise :D )

I can sort out a headset for you, I'll have a dig around and see what I have.

I'll take it! I need a project.

Tazio":3kz6nln5 said:
Very interested in it., I've been after a steel frame for a while and it suits the bill sizewise (and pricewise :D )

I can sort out a headset for you, I'll have a dig around and see what I have.

I'll take it! I need a project.
I'm pretty sure I've got a tatty 26.8 seatpost knocking about... probably the one that came with it in the first place :oops: I'll bring it to GT.

KHS moved on in the Macretro family! I'll be in Edinburgh next wednesday for sure, I'll get it stripped down this weekend. Where are you based? work or home, I will be there into the evening.

Might be down other days too, depends on the weather and what my boys want to do.

The Ken":2i8izg42 said:
KHS moved on in the Macretro family! I'll be in Edinburgh next wednesday for sure, I'll get it stripped down this weekend. Where are you based? work or home, I will be there into the evening.

Might be down other days too, depends on the weather and what my boys want to do.

Easier to my work as I work in the centre of town right next door to the Usher Hall. And sadly I'm there most days into the evening.

I've got a decent 26.8 seatpost so no worry there zz, I won't be able to make GT anyway. Not that I'm scared of riding in the dark or anything.

The Ken":3otn43g6 said:
Apparently I'll need one mount bolt - the seller says 6mm (he thinks) but fairly standard and available from Halfords - does that make sense or do you know otherwise?

I've got a pair of skis to butcher but I'm not sure what I'll make the mounts from - the kit on that skibike is £200 which is a little above my £30 budget :)

Come spring I'll put on the kit from the KHS and have a fun bike.

Does anyone want the KHS?

If it's the rear/swingarm bolt you'll probably get away with an Allen bolt, but it's 8.1mm not 6mm. On the Wolf Ridge, I wouldn't think the Shoreline Trail would be different, the rear "bolt" is a short length of 8mm rod that is threaded both ends with nuts and washers. An Allen bolt that had a long unthreaded shaft with short threaded bit on end would do.

Now if it's the front, that's a bit different. As you can see in pics it has cupped/shaped washers on frame mount plus shaped spacers that fit inside frame mount. The mounting bolt is again a short length of 8mm rod but it is tapped in both ends to take a 5mm Allen bolt. You better hope none of these bits are missing. :roll:

I had to replace the rear mounting spacers/bushes as they were shagged, got new parts, a Strong Bush, from BETD.

http://www.mountainbikecomponents.co.uk ... ong+Bushes

The gap in frame is 35mm with 8mm bolt size, depends on the shock what diameter of Strong Bush you'll need.

If you want I can take pics of all the mounting hardwear for you.

Latest posts

Back