MacRetro Trading Post

Ach't you just haven't ridden the right stuff. It is a bit different, the thrills come elsewhere and a big part is the satisfaction of completing something, its easier to quantify than mountain biking. Its easier insamuch as you can minimise the damage, I reckon mountain biking requires more short sharp bursts whereas road riding you can develop a high cadence style. Modern bike with relaxed geometry and a compact chainset means you can go as hard or as light as you like.

i think it's the gaey clothes you've got to wear that put me off road bikes , can you imagine me in lycra ? :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Fortunately I can't imagine it.........the brain has a self defence mechanism :LOL: gazz always had a fetish for the lycra though.

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

the only good thing about me in lycra would be the storage places between the rolls of flab all over :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

so for that reason i'll never wear it :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

trying to wean myself off the L stuff and it's more the pompous nose in the air attitude that I don't get with roadie folk that puts me of (might just be the A77 contingent that are ignorant tosspots).

Will have a go on your new one Mr K and see if you can change my mind :cool:

Ok I'll rise :twisted: For one, I wouldn't be put off summat because of how you perceive others that partake in the pastime (except knobber skiers). Its also not meant to be a waving/acknowledgement competition. In my experience its also a small small minority that truly ignore other people because they think they are a cut above, alot of guys will be training and are more concentrating on what they are doing and the road than everyone going by on a bike, especially if they are riding in a group. Moreso in road biking than mountain biking I'll find myself talking to someone I don't know and riding with them for a few miles.

yeah know it's not meant to be fun and once you have the lycra on it's all serious cadence/wattsperhours stuff on the road but I can truly count on both hands how many mt bikers have rubber-eared me over the years but on the road bike, it happens every time I go out on the old A77- and it's not really like a busy street in beijing bike wise on the moors.

Different attitude I suppose and your right shouldn't put me off but was brought up with the old adage- manners maketh the man and given the choice which team would you play for Bawbags United or Coolbastard Albion?

Having a big clearout, I dont need 18 bike frames, DB Topanga, Spesh Hardrock and Emmelle have all gone to the bike station. Mikee's got my Nishiki and now I'm going to sell on the Trek Y-Frame, GT iDrive and that Kona Fire Mountain I got recently. Also going to shift my EZ-1 recumbent, Dahon Matrix folder and Rudge Roadster. So does anyone in MacRetroland want any of that lot, I've got to get less bikes into a higher state of tune and stop collecting rubbish :roll:

Back