MacFatro - Fatbike news and builds thread

velomaniac":24ysi2l4 said:
There's a motorbike size that I believe also fits fine, 21" x 3.0". Comes from motorcross bikes, comparible to a proper surly toob. In motorbikes the 21" refers to the spoke bed not the bead diameter so they're bigger diameter in mtb terms than they sound.

Saw that before on "the other" site, but when I looked into it they were dearer and heavier than the surly offering. They may be tougher though.

Took the 907 round Dean plantation today, had a ball and with it being relatively flat it's perfect for fattys.

Thinking doing the same the morra and then out to devilla for an exploration. Was gonna go to velos Edinburgh meet up ride but last day of the highland show the morra which just kills the road bridge.

If it works out ok will post up for a fatty and singlespeed rideout in August I think

Glad to hear your happy with the 907 and getting into the Fat lifestyle. I wouldn't just stay on the flats as they can climb and descend pretty well too ;)
I got out this afternoon for a few miles round Dunnett head following the fire breaks and sheep tracks around the cliffs. A lot of climbing, a good bit of descending, a huge storm shower as well as a few sections that were very close to the edge. Unfortunately my camera batteries kept dying and shutting down but got a few pics. The cliffs were full of turns, razorbills, skuas and the remaining scatterings of Puffins. A nice ride.

Jamie

Long way down

Cold hard realisation has dawned :facepalm:

Never going to spend the needed cash or bother myself with the needed expenditure of energy to build my On-One fatty up into a soft road going machine. Consequently rather than let it gather dust for evermore its up for sale to one of you lot in the first instance.
Should have put this in the for sale section but its focussed on fat bikes so here seemed more logical.

1 x On-One Fatty frame 18" with headset and square taper bottom bracket £180 collected from me at some point.

1 x Surly Moonlander fork £30 collected as above.

1 x On-One floater tyre 26 x 4" bright orange £30 collected as above.

1 x Surly Endomorph Tyre 26 x 3.7" £20 collected.

1 x Surly Nate 26 x 3.8" tyre £30 collected.

2 x 26" 36 hole 65mm wide single skin alloy rims £20 each collected.

I will never use this kit, most was bought on impulse and only forks and tyres have ever been used.

Please nab these and let me regain some sanity and dont try and talk me out of it for gods sake dont talk me out of it ;)

Re:

Hi mate
Pm'd with some questions regarding the Endomorph tyre and the Moonie fork.

Jamie

Velo - stop - what are you missing? cranks and a bb? this stuff is coming down in price as it gets more popular - just wait - it costs nothing to wait. get a tub and put in a couple of quid a week and buy each part when you see a bargain.

Its the physical demands of fat biking v my chronic fatigue is the biggest issue. Nope the stuffs for sale and frankly its a bargain. Get it while its hot !

Re:

Daves right mate :roll: :D
As mentioned in my Pm I am sure between us we have some stuff for you.
As mentioned before mine was built on a tight budget and can be sorted. My blaze chainset was £24 from CRC, I have a hammersmidt bb that is shot but the axle is fine so if you got any truvative cups to fit any size hammersmidt then your more than welcome to the axle. They can be had cheaply, I'll have a look out.
It would be better to finish it and then if you ride it and think its not for you then sell it but after all this it would be good to try it.

Jamie

Back