L'eroica 2015 - prices doubled!

cycletothesea

Retro Guru
For 3 days of camping, a great festival and fantastic rides in 2014, I paid £70. A price which I thought was good value for money. To those who didn't go it was a truly memorable event.

Sadly, the organisers are now trying to cash in. The same package this year is priced at £135. A steep, steep rise. I fear the many cynics (many from this forum), will win the 'value for money' argument this year.

Re:

Wahey! Let the annual Retrobike Eroica Britannia slagging match begin! :LOL:

No biting, gouging or scratching please.

Just got my ticket and am more than pleased with the entry cost :)
Not done anything like this before and can not wait to do it.

(Not gospel but) ... The first year of running anything is normally run at a non-profit basis to make sure all the seats are taken, therefore its no real surprise that this year the pricing is more.

Just be glad that you got to take part in the first event last year at a good price :)

The standard ticket price has actually come down this year - £60 as opposed to £70 (though early bird tickets were £55 last year). They're now charging £60 for 3 days camping for up to 4 people though, while it was free last year.
I've booked and have friends to stay with in Bakewell, so no complaints here...

Not trying to trash the event. I genuinely thought it was completely great last year, and would have expected a price rise this year. Just not double though! It's great if you live nearby or have friends to stay with, or even have cycling friends to share the costs with. But as I say . . . . the same package as I had last year has DOUBLED in price, and that's more than a little cynical on the part of the organisers.

I was there the 3 days last year...Friday on the Condor, Saturday on the Peugeot tandem and marshalling on the Sunday.
This year I've booked my tickets and look forward to competing on my Allin.
Luckily I only live round the corner, so I don't need to camp.....or pay for parking!

Unfortunately the festival isn't free this year...£10 for three days, free if you pay for a ride. I don't mind paying for a £10 ticket for my partner, because we'll be there for the whole weekend, but it will put people off just arriving for the day!

I'm in.

Still think it is resonable value as long as the showers and bogs are better.

I think the festival should be free/open.

Back