LED's on my bike

ian.allen2

Retro Guru
My bike will be seen at night. I have fitted strips of led's to the front and rear.
The back one

The front one

The light on the seat post is switched on. It is not as bright as the strip led's

I will have to take some pics when it gets dark. If I can find some batteries for my camera.

Robbied196":3ncub8km said:
ian.allen2":3ncub8km said:
If I can find some batteries for my camera.

Have you used all your batteries on your lights? :LOL:

No. There is a 4 x aa battery holder. My camera takes the same batteries, but I noticed when I was taking these pics that the batteries were low. I have 2v on charge but dont know the charge status on them. There might be enough power in them for a few pics.

stick a diffusing layer on top of those strips and your bicycle will look like this:

michael_lichter_light_bike_4.jpg

:LOL:

biggs682":2mlo9l7u said:
looks good where did you get them from ?

I bought them off ebay. This was the item and I was the only bidder, so got them cheap. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/led-strip-Pur ... 7675.l2557
The rear one I was the only bidder and got cheap as well. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Led-Strip-Lig ... 7675.l2557
These have run out, but I think he has them listed all the time. They are in this country and not china.

Ivo":2mlo9l7u said:
Very interesting. What's the battery life of this set-up?
I dont know the battery life as I have not long got them and have wired all three up to 4 aa batteries and have not been out at night on the bike yet. I suspect they will last some time. Longer than the incandescent bulbs.

twain":2mlo9l7u said:
stick a diffusing layer on top of those strips and your bicycle will look like this:

michael_lichter_light_bike_4.jpg

:LOL:

That would look good going down the road. People would wonder what was coming towards them. lol

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Nice find Nob, I just need to buy a smaller frame so I can have a lot of seatpost showing

Back