Kona Cindercone 1994 Full build - lots pics, beauty

bunnerscj

Old School Hero
Hi, welcome to my 1994, Kona Race Light Cindercone Bike.
Some of you may of seen this on here before, use to belong to Gravy Monster who I purchased off of some months ago. Anyways, onward...
11.jpg

Bought by me in July this year from a keen retro bike owner.
Large, 19" centre to top.
Due to a change in circumstances, I am having to sell this beauty.
19.jpg

So what are you getting, well this is a 1994 Kona Cindercone full rigid steel bike. Comes with all the original specs including Race light P2 forks, Race light Flat bars, Race light bar ends (yup, even they are original), P2 stem, Shimano LX front and rear mechs with Deore thumb shifters. Even comes with foam grips (ever used them, nor had I but they are truly great, no horrid clamps, no slipping and no nasty rubber, they really are very good.
14.jpg

Tyres are special ‘Onza’ porcupines, even they are only probably 10% worn.
13.jpg

Brakes as you can see have been changed from the stock canti’s to some colour coded Shimano V’s. Levers are XT and calipers are LX with different colours to match the surrounding paint work.
(original canti’s will be supplied so you can switch brakes if you wish)
12.jpg

Recent new bottom bracket and outer cables.
Seat is a Bontrager Race seat which supplements the light framed bike. Complete deal only weighs around 20lb and for a bike that is 14yrs old, is very very quick.

Colour is a dark metallic grey on the frame, forks and stem are silver and it all looks sweet togther. There are some marks and scratches (it is after all, a fully functional and used as such mountain bike) but nothing real bad, no dents, no cracks, all working fine. No sign of anything needing replacing soon.
110.jpg

More pics here :
http://s497.photobucket.com/albums/rr34 ... indercone/

So whats it worth, well some on eBay go for £300 probably with an XT spec though. I am after £220 collected from Brighton or I will post for an additional £15 anywhere in the UK Parcelforce 48.

This is a bargain and a piece of biking history, grab a piece whilst you can, these things are making a comeback, get in on one which is a rare colour and becoming rarer as the years go by.

Contact me through here, mail in profile or PM, or chrisjbunn@homtail.co.uk or 07929861135
Thanks

I saw this recently on ebay, had it on watchers then a few days ago ..poof..it went?

any updates?

Back