Sold Klein Adroit Gator 1992 MC1 complete frameset size 19"

Can someone share the details that were posted on Facebook about what happened?

Curious to see how this played out when you could see what was coming a mile off.

Even if some here were less than convinced something untoward was afoot...

Despite all those very, very clear red flags.

Below was copied from FB by the victim. Just to share. Admin please delete if deem inappropriate.

I was just betrayed by John W.M., who sold this Klein Adroit Gator bike to me: John W.M. - 4000 euros + shipping. Klein Adroit MC1 1992 Gator. Size 19". Original Gator paint (not repainted)Fuselage (frameset) only (frame + stembar + headset + bottom bracket axle + fork).
I was just betrayed by John W.M., who sold this Klein Adroit Gator bike to me:
Today only a 1 kg package arrived - from the tracking number of John W.M. that he gave me. By sender: <info removed by mod for legal reasons>. I am unfortunately the victim of a fraud, here on our Klein forum.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not much substance there that supports his claim he is a victim of fraud. Only that a package of 1kg arrived. What was in there? A stone? Did he really pay with Paypals F&F option? In that case, that was an expensive education fee.

Not much substance there that supports his claim he is a victim of fraud. Only that a package of 1kg arrived. What was in there? A stone? Did he really pay with Paypals F&F option? In that case, that was an expensive education fee.
Read in FB that it was a saddle in there.

Below was copied from FB by the victim. Just to share. Admin please delete if deem inappropriate.

I was just betrayed by John W.M., who sold this Klein Adroit Gator bike to me: John W.M. - 4000 euros + shipping. Klein Adroit MC1 1992 Gator. Size 19". Original Gator paint (not repainted)Fuselage (frameset) only (frame + stembar + headset + bottom bracket axle + fork).
I was just betrayed by John W.M., who sold this Klein Adroit Gator bike to me:
Today only a 1 kg package arrived - from the tracking number of John W.M. that he gave me. By sender: <info removed by mod for legal reasons>. I am unfortunately the victim of a fraud, here on our Klein forum.
Sorry to hear that Atmos :(
Is there any legal recourse cross boarders in the EU?
This scammer has left a lot of fingerprints...should be easy to track down...but maybe I am naive.
I feel as though this scam would be harder to do here in the states.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can someone share the details that were posted on Facebook about what happened?

Curious to see how this played out when you could see what was coming a mile off.

Even if some here were less than convinced something untoward was afoot...

Despite all those very, very clear red flags.
That Adroit has been posted around more times than known to man and some of the claims have always look suspicious.

It was being marketed as the worlds lightest Klein and and all sorts.

Then it was put up for sale on Ebay and taken off for someone reason.

I suspect that it could have possibly been taken down due to some kind of Ebay Policy when they know about scam sellers using photos to try and sell good and services on their site.

Is it yours?

Did you send 5k over PayPal in the hopes of a frame arriving at your house in a week's time?

I only ask as you seem awfully offended by the fact I can't wrap my head around spending that kind of money on a Klein!

I mean, really any bike (frame), but especially a Klein.

Especially under these circumstances.

It's mostly, as I've said on here many times before, I just don't really like them. They look stumpy, and chunky, and just, well, like the kind of the thing a person with a very modern house and a Nespresso machine has hanging on the wall in their artfully arranged "home office".

I'm sure they ride like a dream though. And there's never a second of worry you might scratch up the paint!

(I mean this all in jest/good humor. Please don't take it personally! Same goes to any Klein fans out there, of which there are many, I know!)
thats a good question, but may I ask how old you are?
Reason is not to offend but alot of the collectors lusted after Kleins back when we rode and now same people are getting a chance to buy and build their dream bikes. Especially europeans as the bikes back then were stuuupidly expensive for us normal guys who would stare at them in the few shops that had them as we ducked in between bike-courier trips to get warm again in mid winter.. :)
Also, since there was only a limited amount of them buildt (i heard 2500 Adroits with MC1 config?) along with the same people from back then now in a financially stronger position, you end up with what happened in the classic american muscle car segment.. people got money and willing to pay to get a dream. I personally dont get Ferrari cachet, but understand the emotion people attach to owning and driving them.

Latest posts

Back