JOIN THE ORANGE "CLOCKWORK" CLUB,show your bikes!

Re:

feetabix":vph5j9eo said:
P1020420.jpg

heres mine carl......100% original lx flavour... :D

Lovely! What were they thinking, though, with those 130mm stems?

Re:

I personally like the long original stems, much more than a shorter stem, I think they look more fitting to the period bikes. But that's just my humble opinion... :cool:

No, I agree they look more original!

In terms of usability though they were hard work on technical trails, especially with flat, narrow orange-anodised bars...

Priorities have shifted a bit since then, haven't they?! It was all XC racing then (or buying into the image...)!

3narf":1xdjrpe7 said:
No, I agree they look more original!

In terms of usability though they were hard work on technical trails, especially with flat, narrow orange-anodised bars...

Priorities have shifted a bit since then, haven't they?! It was all XC racing then (or buying into the image...)!

Quite true :facepalm , the long stems and straight bars are less user friendly on the trails. More aesthetically pleasing, but a lot less comfort & ridability, and you need a good chiropractor on speed dial! .. the pace forks you've got would go beautifully with your clockwork.. I like the fact you've had it from New, I bought a clockwork second hand back in 1994 for £400 with suntour xc comp, just loved the suntour... :D

Cheshire1980":hea5x58f said:
the pace forks you've got would go beautifully with your clockwork.. I like the fact you've had it from New...

Yeah, I used the RC35s for a while; then when I built it as a singlespeed I put the Project 2s on.

I just posted an earlier pic on my original thread.

Re: Re:

Cheshire1980":lqndqajb said:
My other two Orange clockworks, a early1992 clockwork unfinished, and finished late 1993 clockwork, with a Shimano STX groupset, Stalk lite seatpost and silver hotrod bars and orange enduro saddle. I obviously like my black clockworks!!!

:shock: Cantilevers? My feeling is you can go a bit far with this retro lark. :LOL:

Great collection! There was a black 17" Clockwork on ebay this morning; I just checked and it went for £40. Good job I was busy at work around the time it ended!

Re: 1989 Clockwork

One of the first Deore XT mix - paint by Bob Jackson

22585198113_8113e8dce6.jpg

22844338919_4108c2e10f.jpg

Orange collection '95 P7 Pace RC35/Hope/X-Lite ,'95 C16RS,P7 Nickel,92 Prestige Ritchey Logic

Back