How much trouble have you been in?

Ha Ha exbiker, seriously though i can't help myself. She goes mental at the money i spend on boys toys...i went out for petrol last year and came back with a £500 radio control petrol car....and a radio controlled helicopter.

orange71":24luuo8i said:
I always mention the sales, but tend to be slightly more reticent about the purchases :oops:

Yup...works for me. Also good is to have a constant flow of parts coming and going (remember the old Magicians 3 cup trick...) and they simply cannot compute what is actually yours :LOL:

1) Make regular use of the line...."well it's only 16 year old bike parts, you don't think they are expensive do you?".
2) Frequently say "phew, I've sold lots of bike parts this week"
3) Buy her presents too.
3) NEVER let her see your 'spare parts' Excel spreadsheet.
4) Tell her its better/cheaper/healthier than Cocaine, Drinking, Gambling and shagging around.
5) Get stuff delivered to work (MOST IMPORTANT RULE OF ALL)

:LOL:

neilll":1teczu3r said:
orange71":1teczu3r said:
I always mention the sales, but tend to be slightly more reticent about the purchases :oops:

Yup...works for me. Also good is to have a constant flow of parts coming and going (remember the old Magicians 3 cup trick...) and they simply cannot compute what is actually yours :LOL:

1) Make regular use of the line...."well it's only 16 year old bike parts, you don't think they are expensive do you?".
2) Frequently say "phew, I've sold lots of bike parts this week"
3) Buy her presents too.
3) NEVER let her see your 'spare parts' Excel spreadsheet.
4) Tell her its better/cheaper/healthier than Cocaine, Drinking, Gambling and shagging around.
5) Get stuff delivered to work (MOST IMPORTANT RULE OF ALL)

:LOL:

Neilll...like your style :D
Think I've ticked all of those boxes at some point.
Posted this thread recently.. http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=29322

....Ironic that the sweetener costs nearly the sum of parts. That's without those Paul Smith ' Swirley ' bags and accessories :D

My problem is that she doesn't discourage me enough! Every time I present her with the "come check out this really cool XYZ frame/bike I found on eBay", I invariably get the response of "Oooh, that IS cool! I think you should get it!" :roll:

Just every once in a while I really think I could use the comeback of "have you ever considered that you already have so many bikes in the garage your ISUZU has to live in the drive?" :oops:

Mr. Zero":2mj6kic6 said:
My problem is that she doesn't discourage me enough!
Same problem. I go shamefaced to her with my latest eBay fancies hoping she'll say no. She never does!

Back