Hope 5 bolt rotors, 160mm

stewlewis

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Looking for 2x matching 5 bolt 160mm Rotors.
Countersink bolts would be a bonus too.

I think I have Hope XC hobs, they have a couple of metal cones?! I guess for a solid axel.

I have a 165mm that just doesn't fit as I'm using them on a 2nd wheelset and don't want to tweak/adjust/bodge the caliper between 160 and 165's each wheel change.

Thats a 165, I have one of those with a different pattern.
It's 2x 160mm I need cheaper than £22 each (Winstanleys)
Thanks for the spotting.

mmmmm i may have some new ones, i will have a look for you, just remind me if you dont here from me in the next couple of days

stewlewis":3dpyf9x0 said:
Looking for 2x matching 5 bolt 160mm Rotors.
Countersink bolts would be a bonus too.

I think I have Hope XC hobs, they have a couple of metal cones?! I guess for a solid axel.

I have a 165mm that just doesn't fit as I'm using them on a 2nd wheelset and don't want to tweak/adjust/bodge the caliper between 160 and 165's each wheel change.

Im surprised the 165mm doesnt fit :?
My back mount is an old hope bolt on frame adaptor thingy,It has an IS mount for a 165mm rotor.The wheel is a first gen 5 bolt spider hope bulb and the rotor is a 5 bolt hope C2[round with proper round holes]@ 165mm,counter sunk holes though ive got the torx pan headed ones on instead[i dont have enough C/S screws to go round :LOL:
My brakes are hope tech X2 that are supposed to use a 160mm rotor,its the 2010 model, so its as modern as it gets.The brakes are post mount so im using hopes 'F' mount
I have no problems with them working,the rotors fit fine.I also tried hopes 5 bolt wavy rotors that were a bit more modern they also fitted fine :?
It could be that the 'F' adaptor converts IS 165mm to post 160mm but i doubt it,more likely theres enough leeway to fit either rotor.

Mind you thats hope brakes,i dont know what ones you have.but if theyre post mount ,them im sure whoever makes them will have their own equivalent 'F' mount and you shouldnt have any problems.

I have a couple of 165mm 5 rotors C/S.One have a nasty groove up the centre but the other is fine,put the grooved one on the back for all the work it does and the good one on the front.
Id only want the cost one the good[tenner+post] one the other i'd throw in as a freebie due to the groove.

Any of this any help to you :D

Thans for all the info.
My brakes are Avid Juicy 5.

I have 1x165mm 5 bolt rotor and have tried it on the bike.
The Juicy 5's have a clip between the pads on which the rotor edge rubs. Adjusting the caliper out a couple of mm with washers does the job but I need to ensure the 160mm discs on the other wheelset still make enough contact on the braking surface.

I just hate tweaking stuff if it's a bodge on the 160mm rotors.

I'll be back.

Latest posts

Back