Help me find a middle chain ring please (2008)

Scougar

Retrobike Rider
Hi guys,

So I've finally repaired my Scott Sportster P3 2008 model after having the entire chain/rings/spokes munched and started riding again. However, after a painfull gear slip, it seems that my middle chainring is screwed.

I'm on the lookout for a Shimano middle 36T chainring that is compatible with the Shimano FC-M443-48T crankset. The exact crankset is the Shimano FC-M443, 26/36/48... but I just need the middle ring.

Help, as it's a struggle when Shimano discontinue items so quick.

i have a pair of old 5 bolt shimano middle rings - by old I mean they fit old chainsets, the rings are brand new in bag.

what number of holes and bcd?

drystonepaul":vxg5o7x1 said:
Pretty much any 4 bolt chainring will fit those cranks.

Excellent, that's just what I needed to know :) Thank you. For reference it's a 104mm 4 bolt I needed.

drystonepaul":vxg5o7x1 said:

I had been looking at Chain reaction and sceen the deore one for about £10.99. A colleague at work said he has a 200KM one I can have it's he wants a 32 rather than a 36... so all being well I think I am sorted.

Many thanks chaps. Hopefully this will stop my knee from going double it's normal size again, after smacking it on the suspension strut from the cog slipping d'oh.

Latest posts

Back