Hello from Devon

Hi

My name is Bill - I am new to this forum and forums in general.

I am about to start on the rebuild of my trusty MTB - bought from Brixton Cycles in the mid 80's

Its a wonderful bike that has served me well and will be restored as an offroad fixie - or at least that's the current plan.

Picture and progress to follow - but the attached gives a sense of where I am starting from - after at last stripping the frame.

Bill

Attachments

• IMG00158-20110206-1832.jpg
    IMG00158-20110206-1832.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 758
HobNobs

Glad I have got the measure of the group ... HobNobs rule.

Bike was a special resold by Brixton Cycles - Reynolds 531 frame

I believe it was bought from another co operative - and they resold it - but it was a long time ago _ I just love the bike - hope some history may come to light via the forum.

B

Welcome from another Devon resident.

Nice first post but cant get over just how narrow that bar is! :shock:

Bar width

Thank you for your kind words

I used to live in London and just wanted a minimal bar - never remembered to get a wider one - my other MTB - not suitable for this forum (Charge Duster :cool: has massive bars - I feel so weird in traffic - this just glides where you want it .. and builds some muscle .. :)

Im a skinny runt maybe I should cut a few inches off my bars :LOL:

So is it getting resprayed or touched up or just a regrease?

Pink

Yes I think grey is going to be the new pink.

Its the first time the Stronglight roller bearing headset has been touched in all these years and miles - they are wonderful - ditto the FAG bottom bracket.

If you sell the Hobnobs would you split them, only I'm having a nice cup of tea and couldn't eat a full packet....

PS welcome to the madhouse, an offroad fixie :shock: that'll be a bit interesting to ride!

PPS looks like you have a nice bike there once it's resprayed and rebuilt it'll look superb :D

Back