Headset reducer cups 11/4” to 11/8”

Yetichaser

Roberts Fan
Feedback
View
Does anyone have or know where I can get headset reducer cups to take a 11/4” headtube down to 11/8” in order to use a 11/8” headset and forks

Thanks

another option would be to use a cannondale headset that reduces internally to 1" 1/8

the lip on the cup is 49.6 mm
whats the internal diameter of your headtube
i have a cannondale headset but its missing its bearings its oversize headset an runs 1" 1/8 steerer

the lip on the cup is 49.6 mm
whats the internal diameter of your headtube
i have a cannondale headset but its missing its bearings its oversize headset an runs 1" 1/8 steerer

So it'll be 37mm as it's a 1 1/4" headset (Evolution)

1.5" (OnePointFive) is a later spec, well after the Evolution spec, it is another two headset sizes larger again, so 1 1/2" if they didn't go the different branding route, this misses out the 1 3/8" size.

Last edited:
i m lost
1.5 is approx 38mm
cannondales oversize head tube has been around longer than 1.5 an i assumed its was 1 "1/4 now im confused

Cannondale did their own 1&1/2" headset originally to fit the suspension in the steerer, aka headshok.
It's slightly different to the later 1.5" headset - stack height, insertion and bearings.
Additionally, I think the cannondale is actually 1.56, but believe it's adaptable if you're careful.
Fork length might be a challenge.

A True Dalester should pop up and clarify if we are lucky🤞

Back