Girvin disc Question......

trance1

Dirt Disciple
Hi All,

Right after a few hours on Google I've come up with not a lot as was looking to update my Girvin to take disc as run discs on my bikes now, But have not been able to find anything as don't reaally want to weld one on I would prefer a bracketed one.

Any info would be good if anyone has any?

Thanks

Have a look at the idreiders Proflex forum... http://idriders.com/proflex/smf/index.php?board=1.0 (you may need to register to view it).

The only disc mounts I recall seeing on Girvins have either been welded or bonded on. It may be possible to drill the legs, insert a sleeve, and fix some kind of bracket on that way, but whatever you do it'll probably be permanent, require a fair bit of work, and may not look too pretty.

My favoured option would be to try and weld something up.

I have thought about some of the early Hope brakes which used a clamp-on bracket around the fork legs? they may not fit the large diameter legs of the Girvin forks but it may be possible to fabricate a similar arangement to secure a disc mount to the fork leg.

I guess the simple solution is to swap out the Girvin forks for something else which has a disc mount as standard.

Back