FT - Kona P2 Suspension corrected forks for old P2's

dongward

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Hi all,

I have a pair of nearly new, suspension corrected Kona P2 forks. They have the disc mount and brake bosses on them and are the new black finish with yellow decals.

Currently I'm running them on an Explosif 98 model to the detriment of the geometry.

I just bought them last month and have had them fitted for about 3 weeks - they are in really good condition. The steerer is 210mm. As far as I can remember, the axle-underside of crown is 400mm - i'll double check this when I get home.

I'm looking for a pair of circa 98 p2 forks - the old grey ones. I'm not worried about the condition - as long as it's not dire.

Will post photo soon

regards,
dongward

They should be good for your 98 Explosif, geometry-wise, as the 94 onwards Konas are suspension corrected. Maybe your P2's are the 440 mm a-c version?

This kinda half answers a uestion i have about 98 explosif`s

what rigid fork length is correct for the frame geometry?

ive messured the project 2s that came on the frame and there 410mm but on my other 16" explosif im running RC 30`s which seem to be only 390mm

im guessing the 80mm travel bombers that come as default on the 98 explosifs are 420mm

to sum up, Ive got an 18" 1998 explosif that i want to put rigid forks on (RC30, RC31 or P2)

what length A-C???

Any help apreciated :)

The 1994 onward Konas with rigid forks had 410 mm a-c P2's, (not sure about the a-c of the sus forks).

Did you want threaded? I might have a pair of threaded grey P2s in the back of the shed. They do look pretty chipped and scratched but I think it is all cosmetic.

They were off a ... erm... I think it was a cindercone from the very early 90's? A cheapish old one anyway. They are not the nice shiny ones that were on the late 90's Konas, but a lighter grey (very faded, very chiped) with yellow decals.

You're right Major 22 - these ones seem to be 440mm (rough measure) there is certainly a large gap between the steerer end and the top of the wheel - the front end is higher than I care it to be :(

It was non threaded I'm looking for - its a hack bike just now, single speed but I have some nice 98 XT to put on it when I can afford a re-spray, therefore chipped forks aren't a big deal - the rougher the better for the Scottish summers ;)

Back