FS: Giant Cadex

jontawn

Retro Newbie
Hi there,

I'm a regular on singletrackworld and talking to someone t'other day, they suggested the fine folk over on retrobike would perhaps be a better place to advertise my cadex!

I bought it a year or so ago and have used it for commuting duties only for approximately a total of 150 miles (client visits/going to site tend to hinder riding to the office)

I have a few photo's of it in its built state available on flickr which i'll edit the post and add once i've posted ;)

Its a 20" measured from centre of BB to the top of the seat tube with a 23" top tube (C 2 C)

There is a headset in there and i'll leave in the carbon seat pin.

The BB threads are in excellent condition and only one or two little scuffs to the frame itself & a sticker on the chainstay (thank you charliethebikemonger ;)).

The photo's don't do it justice, considering the age of the frame its in lovely condition and a credit to the former keeper and my very limited use!

I will of course, throw in the headset should that be of any use to you!

I'm based in sunny sheffield, your welcome to come and view it any time (fairly flexible working) and i'm happy to stick it in the post should that be needed too.

How does £65 + post sound? so about £75 posted?

cheers and thanks,
Jonathan

Hi, can you tell me more about the frame as I can't really find anything on the internet? Whats it made of - not carbon is it ?(google came up with some 94' carbon cadex frames) Is it light weight (ie suitable for an xc race bike).

I'm in Nottingham so might be able to collect.

If you've got some better photo's my email is francisfield AT hotmail.co.uk

Hi there,

Unfortunately, I don't know the model number - I couldn't find it on the frame other than 'cadex'.

yes, it is Carbon lugged with aluminium.

I'm not sure how appropriate this would be for an xc race bike as its a few years old (i'm going to hazard a guess at around 10years) and I am led to believe that this was originally sold with rigid forks, however, I remember the chap who i bought it off, he ran 80mm forks on it (some classic SID's iirc!)

I'll be going 'to the shed' ;) later on today so will take the frame out and take a few photo's. if there is anything in particular you would like, please do let me know.

cheers,
Jonathan

Thanks,
could you tell me the diameter of the seat tube - what size seat post and size of front mech clamp?

If you know what it weighs that would be useful.

I'll enquire on some forums as to it's suitability for racing - most components on my bike are pretty old anyway and i'd be running it with some SID race forks. I just need a bigger frame than the one I have currently, but have very little money so this might be ideal for me.

Cheers,
Francis

Hi there,

I'm just about to take some "photo's" (with my phone!) i'll be including the carbon seat post, which is 27.2 (i believe, i dont have calipers to check) giving a front mech of approx 30mm (I had the bike singlespeed-ed with a chain tensioner)

There is a headset included, and has been used since my ownership of the frame, it works just fine but could do with a little helping hand from a squirt of grease.

I'll post some photo's in a moment of the frame in its current 'ready to send' state. I measured it on the only set of scales I could find in the house, indicating approximately 2LB's. Apologies for the vagueness of the weight!

Jonathan

OK, i've added a bunch of new photo's to my flickr page!

photostream

Hopefully that has worked!

cheers,
Jonathan

nice frame .

dont see many Cadex on here . one of the only Giant worth having .

Ok, thanks for the pics. :D

I'm not sure what to do now, I really like the look of it and the geometry should be good but the general consensus (on weight weenies) is that its a bad idea to race something that old.
:?
I wouldn't be able to use the headset, as the (C KING) crown race on my SID forks is impossible to remove, so if I bought the frame it would have to be without it. - would you accept fifty pounds if I collected?

I'll try and let you know asap whether I will buy it.

Back