Front lights

The History Man":34eztxbn said:
I picked up a nice compact lezyne power drive xl for less than £50. Bought a couple of aftermarket batteries. Plenty bright enough and lasts about an hour plus on each battery on constant high. Nice quality too.

Agree with that mr HM . Not sure if they're bright enough for off road though , unlike LGFs suggestion

Mike

Some of the bigger lights are pretty much ok for everything up to, but not including, full on downhill.

I agree with LGF regarding choice and ridiculous expense of many mainstream lights. Try Deal Extreme. Most of the east mids lot have bought from them over the last 4 years. My first light lasted three years and the battery was still giving 1.5 hours on full beam. I replaced it last autumn at a cost of £23, light and battery pack. To be fair there has been a variety of battery life within the group, but no one can knock the value for money. All lights get weekly off road use no matter what the weather and several gey used for daily commutes.

Re:

You get a lot for your money with the Ebay lights, but all the ones I've seen are a separate light unit and battery pack, which is fine for "proper" rides. Not so good for a shopping or commuting where you might need to leave a bike locked up unattended and you want to remove a refit the lights frequently.

Re: Re:

xerxes":1al4b2p4 said:
You get a lot for your money with the Ebay lights, but all the ones I've seen are a separate light unit and battery pack, which is fine for "proper" rides. Not so good for a shopping or commuting where you might need to leave a bike locked up unattended and you want to remove a refit the lights frequently.

I see what you mean here

Re:

This is the -> 97 section, guys and girls. There's only one choice, the Cateye Halogen

p011467.jpg

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Cateye-Haloge ... 33932eb821

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back