Frightening Litespeed Obed

aguycalled80

Retro Guru
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Litespeed-OBED-T ... 3f51915738

Do you ever look at a bike and just immediately see that it's wrong?

It might take a bit of looking to sort it out, but right from the first instance you see it, it just makes you cringe.

This could be something truly special with those S&S couplers though, and I suspect the seller doesn't know what they are. This must have cost a fortune off the showroom floor.

Attachments

• $_57.JPG
    $_57.JPG
    164.2 KB · Views: 721
Re:

Ooh that's a subtle "miss-build", but once you see it, you can't unsee it, and it's not mixing a turquoise head set with yellow/gold forks.

What I can't fathom is how it happened, it's not something you normally undo when dismantling/building a bike. Maybe they came that way...

But it's also an easy thing to fix...

Re: Re:

Corduroyboy":2on6k7dr said:
makster":2on6k7dr said:
Is it the non-matching wheels??

Look carefully at the forks...

I think the sentiment expressed on the left-hand shifter sums it up perfectly.

It was a very tongue in cheek comment ;)

Re:

Ah, yep... That saddle's set up at a real sack-tickling angle - no way I can un-see that.

Love the frame couplings on the top and down tubes though. Perhaps the owner likes really twitchy steering?

'The petals are cheap and not worth mentioning' if the petals are not worth mentioning why bother... It isn't an ad for a flower shop.

Re: Re:

BerthaPog":3pvi8gtw said:
What I can't fathom is how it happened, it's not something you normally undo when dismantling/building a bike. Maybe they came that way...

Now that's a good question.

Makes you wonder if it was done on purpose. Like this guy is some kind of geometry savant and knows something the rest of us don't.

Except that the fork legs are also way too low in the crown, so more likely someone who shouldn't be working on a bike was working on this one.

If he's just bought them then they were probably posted to him with the crown removed to reduce the length of the parcel.

Back