Friction Washers; Where can I get them?

t100martin

Dirt Disciple
I have a variety of downtube and bar end shifters which are useless because their friction washers are either worn out, damaged or missing.
Is there anyone out there who has a stock of these?
Failing that, does anyone have a work around that uses commonly available plastic washers?

No, but I'll get the actual dimensions.
The internal measurements seem to be common to all friction shifters. As far as I'm aware, the braze-on and clamp-on bosses all have the same diameter and distance across the flats - correct me if I'm wrong.

I have a braze-on boss to hand, the dimensions are;-
Diameter: 8.9mm
Length: 10mm
Across flats: 5.8mm
Depth of flats: 4.9mm

I'll measure the washers later.

I have a pile of these.....somewhere! I think they are new old stock Huret, I would imagine they'd fit other levers. If you check the size you need and I'll try and dig them out at the weekend :)

I have a chunky o-ring doing friction duty on one side of my Campagnolo shifters. (Works fine for the front mech but I would track down the right part for the rear as it is a bit vague.)

I've had a good dig around in my pile of shifter bits and although the boss dimensions are fairly universal, the actual layout and thickness of the friction parts varies quite a lot.
The particular part I need is a thin, hard, plastic washer, which probably started life about 1mm thick. -I'm just guessing here, my examples vary from about half a millimetre, down to hardly there at all!
Inner diameter is 9mm. outer diameter is 14mm.
If anyone knows of a good source of these, or something similar (that doesn't come in a bag of 1,000!) please let me know.

Back