Fork Grease

twain

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
canny make up my mind, Manitou Prep M Grease, orrrrrrrr, Standec fork grease.
cant justify the £££ for buzzys slick honey.
i'm just servicing some old Manitous i have.....Standec is cheaper, but i've never used it....
its got to be better than Castrol LM grease right?!?! :p

any advice appreicated :)

Some petroleum-based greases can react with the materials used for your fork seals...cheap grease can equal expensive service

stendec is mega stuff, a small pot goes a long way. no seal corrosion or anything. :D

i overhauled a pair of bombers with stendec grease and lagged every thing in it and 6 months later their still smooth as. so yes i found it to be good on the internals of the fork. hope it helps. :D

ta, that does help :) ordering some now (i was pretty much going to anyways, but i do love a testimonial :) )

My favourite from when time began was Paces sticky black grease. Sod knows its number , though 2 mins to check.
Stank to high heaven but it worked very well and in the areas that it was just sitting it didnt go hard.

dyna-ti":r6wzgwhy said:
Stank to high heaven but it worked very well and in the areas that it was just sitting it didnt go hard.

Not RC-7? That was dark and a great consistency but didn't stink.

BertR00t":6lgsptfa said:
dyna-ti":6lgsptfa said:

Not RC-7? That was dark and a great consistency but didn't stink.

Im now thinking it was rock and roll :?
Web or Magic something like that. Been a while :oops: The reason i thought pace was i have a couple of pace grease guns and one had the black stuff in it(put in by me i add)

Back