For sale - Kona Cinder Cone 1988

gbou6690

Dirt Disciple
For Sale.
Retro Kona Cinder Cone 18". 1988. £250 ono

A true classic, red/yellow splatter paint

Owned since new, bought from Avon Valley bike shop, Bath
All original components, except rear tyre (replaced 1989) and front brakes (replaced 1989)

just like in the catalogue, as found on retrobike, Gallery and archive, Kona, Catalogues.

Selling part of the bike collection: 1970's Aerospace pro, road bike 1990 Kirk Precision

Bike can be seen in either Witney or Bristol.
georgethehippy AT googlemail dot com

I can send more images if required

Regards
George

Attachments

• DSC_0685.jpg
    DSC_0685.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 1,387
Hello

Still for sale..... my beloved Kona, owned since new.. 1988.

Is anyone interested or am i out on price, location or bike ??

Regards

George

Re:

Relatively speaking there have been quite a few early Cinder Cones up for sale of late so perhaps supply has been meeting demand. I'd recommend some more pics including close ups. Offering to post the bike will help immensely too. You're in the upper price bracket I would say but if it's a nice example then maybe not a million miles off.

Thank you for the help raidan73. I shall instigate the changes and re-post.

By the way its good to see the Overburys Pioneer, i can remember them being about when i got my kona. the shop was just off the bottom of the M32 and i used to go past and drool at the windows at the magic within... The frame has some nice touches, ahead of its time, and the brazing is sweet. Bt the way, the grub screws through a thread is quite common engineering practice to stop threads coming undone- or loctite...

regards

George

gbou6690":2a0vfsg3 said:
Thank you for the help raidan73. I shall instigate the changes and re-post.

By the way its good to see the Overburys Pioneer, i can remember them being about when i got my kona. the shop was just off the bottom of the M32 and i used to go past and drool at the windows at the magic within... The frame has some nice touches, ahead of its time, and the brazing is sweet. Bt the way, the grub screws through a thread is quite common engineering practice to stop threads coming undone- or loctite...

regards

George

You can just edit your original post George ;)

Re the Overbury's, you reminded me that I hadn't updated that thread in a while. It was recently sold to another forum member who is currently working on the refurb, but not before finding a replacement. I'll update the thread now with some pics of the new (ish) arrival.

Have a free bump for your for sale thread :)

Kona Cindercone still for sale, open to sensible offers. Can be collected from Bristol or Chipping Norton, or i can send on a courier..

just pm me if you require more detailed pictures.

Regards

George

Back