First Post Surgery Ride!

Thorpie

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Just got in from my first blast since March 27th this year after having a perenial abcess removed. Great fun and a couple of firsts!

First time on my new Orange P7 Pro or any Orange bike

First time using SRAM shifters/rear mech and not Shimano

The bike was brilliant, just like sitting in a armchair but with pedals, it's so upright and easy! The SRAM shifters are precise and once used to the shifting action of the triggers (pushing for a down shift) they became second nature. Its not going to win any weight competitions and is definately more 'all mountain' than XC but then that's why I also have a 94 and 95 Kilauea!

One thing though, how muddy is it for the start of July! The gleaming white paint work is now more brown than white. Cant wait to try my Kilauea's now, the 94 when it is built and the 95 when Parcelforce decide to deliver it! Back to work Friday (first time since March 26th). At least that will stop me spending money on here!

Trevor.

PS. couldn't resist putting a couple of snaps up of the P7.

Attachments

• Orange P7 Pro 001 (Small).jpg
    Orange P7 Pro 001 (Small).jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 1,105
  • Orange P7 Pro 002 (Small).jpg
    Orange P7 Pro 002 (Small).jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 1,105
cherrybomb":559hze1o said:
Very nice, and glad to hear you're back in the saddle after what must have been a very uncomfortable time!

Now stick a pic of that P7 in here. ;)

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=33003&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Done ;)

Second time I have had the same op, very annoying and in the most awkward of places! Just hope it is the last time but they can come back and because of all the scar tissue it will never be 100% again. It hasn't kept me out of the saddle yet though :LOL:

Trevor.

Don't mean to be anal....errr, excuse the pun, but don't u mean a perianal abcess?

Anyhoo, glad to hear ur back in the saddle and enjoying it!! Fingers crossed it stays away and u keep on rolling.... ;)

Drew :)

Drewson":ksm410ua said:
Don't mean to be anal....errr, excuse the pun, but don't u mean a perianal abcess?

Anyhoo, glad to hear ur back in the saddle and enjoying it!! Fingers crossed it stays away and u keep on rolling.... ;)

Drew :)

I've always said perineal as the abcess was removed from my perineum I could be wrong and I am not sure if I am even spelling it right! Anyway, my work colleagues prefer to call it Biffins Bridge!

Trevor.

One other thing, apart from the bridge (see above)! How noisy are Hope Pro 2 hubs, its almost embarrasing :LOL:

Trevor.

Thorpie":i7vdphdl said:
One other thing, apart from the bridge (see above)! How noisy are Hope Pro 2 hubs, its almost embarrasing :LOL:

Trevor.
yeah pro2's rule as they roar down the trail you never need a bell to let people know you going throw ha ha ha love the p7 matey but please keep a eye on the drop outs ie the disc one a couple of them have broken since they change the system buddy ;) :cool: your problem is it the ingrowing hair one or am i way off track ps glad your riding again :cool: :D

cannondale king":3m4xde75 said:
Thorpie":3m4xde75 said:

Trevor.
yeah pro2's rule as they roar down the trail you never need a bell to let people know you going throw ha ha ha love the p7 matey but please keep a eye on the drop outs ie the disc one a couple of them have broken since they change the system buddy ;) :cool: your problem is it the ingrowing hair one or am i way off track ps glad your riding again :cool: :D

No definintive answer on what causes the problem although an ingrowing hair is a possibility. Apparently they are quite common in men aged mid 20's to early 30's? I suppose I have just been unlucky! With regards to the drop outs on the P7, I did enquire with Orange about this problem after I had ordered the bike and after it appeared in What MTB magazine. Orange's response was that the P7 What MTB tested was fitted with a dodgy batch of bolts and that that batch had been binned. They were pretty confident that it was not a problem and that the drop outs, when used with the correct bolts, were rock solid. Time will tell.

Trevor.

Back