Em had a flashback

jdm86gtz

Dirt Disciple
I saw this bike in BOTM and had a flashback of a build from the mid 90's of a black bike with gold anodised component and now as I write this I think there was a max weight target that was pretty light for the era. Does this ring any bells? Sorry if it wrecks your head :twisted: I think it had cantilever brakes not V brakes if that helps and I think it was in MBUK or maybe MBR as that's what I bought back then.

The flashback inspiration:

gyo81.jpg

No I don't think so. I remember it being jet black and maybe the components were anodised titanium. It might have been a works bike or something, I think maybe a Specialized alright. It might not have been in a mtb mag though.
I think it was a feature actually and not a build and it listed each component and the weight reduction over the original part.

Re:

In the same vein,who remembers MBUK did something similar around the same time,though not cost based,on the lightest bike possible?The pieces used not based on durability,quality or cost but on sheer lightness.What I distinctly remember was that they used things like plastic brake levers from a kid`s bike.I think they got in around 17lbs?Anyone remember or have pics?

Back