ebay UK: Early Roberts 'Robberts'

taffy":36mcv46y said:
Must be a great rider to have the forks on back to front.

Perhaps that's the answer, all the Asda bikes were actualy Paces in disguise, we just sat back and laughed when we had infact missed out on real bargains!

He claims
"they are not suspension forks, just made to look that way"

I think its more a case of: They were suspension forks, just completely and utterly nackered suspension forks.

To me they look like RC35's with the elastomer stack either removed or completely decayed. And then to assist him with cable routing the stanchions or whole fork flipped around to allow forward facing mounting of the brakes. I dont know if he has "fixed" the sliders and stancheons in position or what but they certainly didnt start out life as a rigid fork. Theres little chance of running anything but slicks with the clearance it now has.

Also big flats on cooks are not to my taste.

All easy to sort out mind you.

Oh they are definatly knackered pace forks.

I have to wonder how thew acquired the bike and know's so little about it.

taffy":1y52m04d said:
Oh they are definatly knackered pace forks.

I have to wonder how thew acquired the bike and know's so little about it.

I must admit the thought also crossed my mind briefly.

I also suspect it might be a bit 'warm'

From what I can make out, the frame is fillet brazed . It is rather nice.

Well i've called and spoken to him.

Put it this way dodgy 2nd hand car dealer is about right.

i asked what stuff it had on it and it was "all top stuf, you know what i mean. It's got a syncros stem and carbon forks - their not suspension forks they are meant to be like that.. i want £500 for it"

Apparently it's recently had a complete respray and new decals.

he didn't seem to know much about the bike bar whats in the listing.

i've arrange to look at it later today (hopefully in the daylight!) I guessed from the pics about where it was which also didn't buoy my hopes for it not being somewhat warm.
i'll let you know what it's like.

Latest posts

Back