Early 80’s Suteki Mixte

Tobias Rodriguez

Dirt Disciple
Feedback
View
I bought this for the wife yesterday, for short rides and a bit of fun. Japanese made with decent enough components. To be collected next Tuesday. I doubt if she’ll need that Megarange style set up, I get the benefit but it looks odd to me, so I might swap that out for a standard freewheel and 600 mech. Let’s wait and see. New grips ordered and I don’t like the black seat post! That will most likely get swapped out for a cheap period SR post.

Attachments

• IMG_2061.jpeg
    IMG_2061.jpeg
    345.5 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_2049.jpeg
    IMG_2049.jpeg
    499.8 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_2060.jpeg
    IMG_2060.jpeg
    505.2 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_2058.jpeg
    IMG_2058.jpeg
    559.5 KB · Views: 10
The Suteki was collected yesterday. So today, a quick wipe over after removing the mudguards (I know the wife will be a dry weather only cyclist, they can always go back on!), new grips fitted, pumped up the tyres and lowered the saddle. The self righting pedals were not doing what they should, so a quick strip down, clean and fresh grease and they are now working nicely. It’s a really nice riding bike, stable and smooth, perfect for the wife!

Attachments

• IMG_2124.jpeg
    IMG_2124.jpeg
    907.2 KB · Views: 12
Going up a coupe of tyre sizes might make it look and feel more assured - and people rarely complain about gears being too easy, so although Megarange might look ugly and tie you in to a cheap tourney mech, the alternative is to find a more "compact" chainset, with all the attendant chain f. Mech and bb complications🙄
Looking nice👍

Going up a coupe of tyre sizes might make it look and feel more assured - and people rarely complain about gears being too easy, so although Megarange might look ugly and tie you in to a cheap tourney mech, the alternative is to find a more "compact" chainset, with all the attendant chain f. Mech and bb complications🙄
Looking nice👍
There is plenty of clearance to go up a few sizes, so that is definitely an option. As for the gearing, I could do without the headache so will leave well alone I reckon👍🏼

Latest posts

Back