Dyna Tech 700 out of retirement

Hello guys;

So then what year code is B? ..........1991?

@kingbling Yes the bike was 7 speed SIS originally

kev1n":2kxkrh7x said:
Hello guys;
So then what year code is B? ..........1991?

According to the 'other' SPD/Dyna-Tech/RSP bikes I've seen & had, 'B' should be 1991; but it seems unknown if this is year of calendar manufacture, financial year or model year..

RSP were created from the SBDU in 1990, so all serials re-started at A=1990, but there are later 97/98/99 bikes I've seen with the 'wrong' serial number, so it appears there might have been a mid-calendar crossover point.

2070 is the tubing - not the model. It's a 'custom' version of 653. Taperwall MangMo alloy bonded to Alu lugs. Also used on some of the MTB frames as well.

I think that bike's (^) the 'Team Edition' but no idea on specific year. There are many 2070 Dynatech's out there though, in MTB and Road models.

Just an update about my bike guys......

Within two years of riding it; having updated it to full dura ace 7700 the seat tube let go just where it goes into the bottom bracket lug......fortunately i did not bend the top tube (it happened when riding).

I believe it was a combination of the bad roads and the bike not being used for such a long time.

So i scrapped the bike; and seeing as i needed something new; bought a carbon fiber frame and built up a bike. Initially i used the 9 speed stuff before going the 11 speed route.....

Back in retirement..... (BTW the replacement is a Raleigh Militis 3, i custom built to my liking.)

Attachments

• DSC_0203 (Small).JPG
    DSC_0203 (Small).JPG
    68.8 KB · Views: 302
Back