Dave Yates Frame Building Course

Thanks everyone!

It is going to be painted Blue Cobalto Metallic with a contrasting white head tube. Hopefully get it back next month sometime.

Re: Dave Yates Frame Building Course (Updated)

Received my frame back today complete with paint...

Very very happy with it. Weight was never a concern with this frame as it's going to have wide tyres, mudguards etc but it's worked out at a good weight. I didn't use anything fancy and lightweight. 631 main tubes, 525 stays and blades, a wider than normal fork crown and standard cast BB and dropouts with lots of braze ons.

Attachments

• Dave Yates Frame Building Course Painted Frame.jpg
    Dave Yates Frame Building Course Painted Frame.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 578
  • Dave Yates Frame Building Course Painted Frame Fork Details.jpg
    Dave Yates Frame Building Course Painted Frame Fork Details.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 578
  • Dave Yates Frame Building Course Painted Frame Seat Lug Details.jpg
    Dave Yates Frame Building Course Painted Frame Seat Lug Details.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 578
  • Dave Yates Frame Building Course Painted Frame Chain Stay Details.jpg
    Dave Yates Frame Building Course Painted Frame Chain Stay Details.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 578
  • Dave Yates Frame Building Course Painted Frame Bottom Bracket.jpg
    Dave Yates Frame Building Course Painted Frame Bottom Bracket.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 578
  • Dave Yates Frame Building Course Painted Frame Weights.jpg
    Dave Yates Frame Building Course Painted Frame Weights.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 578
wow what an achievement, to be able to sit back and think / say "I built that" must be fantastic.

Firstly what a great thread, thank you for taking the time and sharing so much info. Really really interesting to see what goes into this process and to hear all the stories.

Funny that Dave thinks he makes the best frames, and the other guys have short comings!!! Love it!

Your frame is a true work of beauty, hats of to you. That's a bike you can ride for ever, I cannot wait to see it built up. It such a classic will be fascinating to see how you build it, retro, mod or even a mix.

Well done

Really enjoyed reading this thread and sharing your labours. The end result is very very impressive in more ways than one; a frame built to your own specs, by you, and in a great colour! Hearty congratulations! Are you going to have it decalled up as a Denton given your connections with (and ownership of) the brand?

Good one!

HW

That looks great! I love the colour too (same paint as my caygill, painted by bob jacksons :D )

I've had two of dave's frames (still have the second one), and they really are very very nice. Would love to do a course one day too and build my own, not sure I'll get the chance though :(

What parts are you going to build it with?

Back