Cheap, but tatty Campagnolo triple(ish) chainset. AND it's not Euclid either...

27motorhead

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
... but it's cheap!!!

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Some careful masking and some Hammerite and they'll come up like new ;)
Shame it's got the middle and outer rings missing. @ferrus our fluent Italian component namer should be able to help with model. My guess is Olympus as it doesn't look like the graphite finish that Centaur also came with. 100% not Euclid due to shape/profile of the crank arms.

Olympus it is. 🙂
The finish isn’t anodising and comes of easily with paint stripper. They then need polishing and sealing with something like Poor Boys Wheel Sealant, or they’ll quickly oxidise.

There was also the lower range Themis with a similar coating, but these hardly ever turn up.
I’ve never seen one and don’t know if there’s any differences to Olympus -
1725964702423.jpeg

Thanks for sharing Ben 🙏 your knowledge is slowly rubbing off on me! ;) Can't say I've ever seen any Themis for sale, but most sellers are normally clueless and always type "Euclid, Centaur, Olympus, Record OR" to maximise search coverage!

Those bar-end shifters are pretty cool though! :cool: 😍

Thanks for sharing Ben 🙏 your knowledge is slowly rubbing off on me! ;) Can't say I've ever seen any Themis for sale, but most sellers are normally clueless and always type "Euclid, Centaur, Olympus, Record OR" to maximise search coverage!

Those bar-end shifters are pretty cool though! :cool: 😍
I do have a set of those bar end shifters in the drawer, 8 speed I think, if that’s an itch you ever need to scratch!

Back