cannondale super v 4000 dh

zpcar

Retro Newbie
hi, anybody out there familiar with the v 4000 dh? i'm in a serious need of some quick answers regarding my broken coda crank and possible replacement. tried some stuff in the shops here in london, nothing fits. the guy in the shop suggested i throw the bike away and get a new one, "because it's old stuff", imagine!!!

v4000dh

no at the mo i'm afraid, computer illiterate, but might try and ask a friend to do it for me after holidays. you could maybe google image "v 4000 dh" or see the '96 or '97 catalogue at "vintagecannondale.com". i believe this is a question for somebody familiar with this particular model because it's unlike other models, the crank set is unique to this model i think.

cannondalepercent20superpercent20vpercent20dhpercent204000percent201997_253.jpg

thanx tazio, that's my bike. i wouldn't know how to post a pic here if my life depended on it (and it does), i'm stuck in the seventies, i'm afraid.
the problem is that the bb on it is so long (to accommodate extra wide swing arm), that when you try and fit a shimano drive crank or something else, the chain ring sticks out too far and is not aligned properly with all these chain retaining bits on the swing arm. so i need to find a 48t single ring crank that is totally flat on the inside and has no bolts and other bits sticking out (on the inside, the bits used to screw on inner rings) and hitting the swing arm when i try and push the crank/chain ring in to align it properly. i believe the coda single ring cranks and bb for this bike were custom made specially just for it and nothing else in the cannondale catalog. any suggestions, anyone ???
pls ask me questions if i haven't made it clear enough.

Without knowing and seeing more of the bike it is difficult, but potentially fixed by using a suitable length square taper BB and a crank either designed to run a single ring, or modified to do so.

It sounds to me as though the mount points for the granny ring on an off the shelf shimano MTB tripple are at risk of fouling the swingarm/chain guides.

I don't think this problem is by any means insurmountable, however it would really help to see pictures.

Where in London are you?

thanx guys for your help, i'll try and post some pictures. the coda on the pictures posted above is a three ring one and mine is a single ring, no granny bits inside.
jerky, i'm in north west london, willesden.

v4000dh

hi guys, this is the best i can do at the moment. so what i need to find is a 48t chainring/crank set that is totally flat on the inside so that it can be pushed all the way in to align with the chain line.i couldn't find any in the shops or on the internet, but maybe i didn't know where to look.

Attachments

• bike.jpg
    bike.jpg
    182.2 KB · Views: 5,071
Back