Can we just agree on what NOS means please!

So if you threw a brand new bike in the canal……..it’s NOS

If I wait seven years apparently im NOS

A marks and spencer beef gravy pouch. That’s definitely NOS

That'll buff out.
Its really sad to see bikes in that state. Dragged up from a canal or such, only fit to be melted down.

To think at some point in its life, it sat in a showroom and had some excited individual pick it out and go off riding on it, looking after it, cleaning fixing etc etc. And it ends up a rusted heap, fit for nothing.

Who said like the rest of us :LOL:

Just to put my two pennies in, Nos is new unused old stock, preferably in its original packaging. If it used, or bolted onto a bike and never used, its still used. My dad restored a car some years ago, brand new unused body shell, all new mechanical parts and chrome work. Every part of the car was built using nos parts, except for the front and rear seats and other small parts of the interior. Was it a new car? No, it was restored. Drove better than a new one tho as he put it together properly, and if anyone knows British Leyland, they didn't

Just to put my two pennies in, Nos is new unused old stock, preferably in its original packaging. If it used, or bolted onto a bike and never used, its still used. My dad restored a car some years ago, brand new unused body shell, all new mechanical parts and chrome work. Every part of the car was built using nos parts, except for the front and rear seats and other small parts of the interior. Was it a new car? No, it was restored. Drove better than a new one tho as he put it together properly, and if anyone knows British Leyland, they didn't

It wasn't that BL put them together badly, it's that they designed their cars to use NOS parts, so they were fucked before they even left the factory. 🤣

Back