can anyone confirm my bike.

wobbie

Retro Newbie
hi again I got a Raleigh bmx today. it's in team colours with white oval frame tange grips in black. white simplex wheels with black tyres . forks are blue with r' s in the drop outs. and the handle bars are blue with double cross bars. I'm sure it's dated 86.

I've been googleing today and I think it's a styler mag but it's a bit confusing.

if I can get a pic up I will but not sure how it's done.

cheers rob.

wobbie":25obi728 said:
hi again I got a Raleigh bmx today. it's in team colours with white oval frame tange grips in black. white simplex wheels with black tyres . forks are blue with r' s in the drop outs. and the handle bars are blue with double cross bars. I'm sure it's dated 86.

I've been googleing today and I think it's a styler mag but it's a bit confusing.

if I can get a pic up I will but not sure how it's done.

cheers rob.

Like this? (Image borrowed from burnerworld.com)

Attachments

• DSCF7080.JPG
    DSCF7080.JPG
    75.6 KB · Views: 1,724
cheers for the reply yes exactly like that even the same colour and make of seat.

mines in need of some attention but not bad at all.I assume its worth doing up as I like it. just wanted to know what it was.

wobbie":1rycsjdl said:
cheers for the reply yes exactly like that even the same colour and make of seat.

mines in need of some attention but not bad at all.I assume its worth doing up as I like it. just wanted to know what it was.

Raleigh Team Burner it is then, nice bike, looking forward to seeing the resto on this one :cool:

Jussa :)

thanks for your help with this. at least I know now . I got confused with styler/styler mags etc
will have a proper look at the weekend check the pennies and if I can treat it to a new coat of paint if I can find a sprayer to do it for me.

many thanks again.

The team burner came in three ways

Aero pro - jap made frame - Andy Ruffell rode this
Team burner in mk2 frame
Styler team in styler version frame

The styler version came out in '87

There are a couple more models - mag burners and a mix of run out models (they had a mix of parts used from low to high on the same model)

Get some pics up of it and how it's coming along

Cheers B

hi I will put some pics up of the bike before i start it. it really is identical to the pic that has been put up.

one thing is I never knew there was many types of team burner till I started to look. I just never could afford one as a kid but now I've got one.

many thanks for your help guys
rob.

hi. I've not really started yet as it will need a 're spray anyone by me are not interested as a small job .been looking online for bike sprayers so may get it sent off soon. I will add some pics once I've sussed how to do it .
for now I might start on the wheels.

Back