Campag Aero Seatpost 26.8 and other Campag bits: Sorted

Fast Eddie 13

Dirt Disciple
I have managed to source most parts for my classic racer restoration project, but I am still struggling to find the following components:

Campagnolo Aero Seatpost 26.8 diameter.

I already have one in 27.2 in great condition (early 90s Chorus, I believe) which, if interested, I will gladly swap.

Campag (or similar) classic road pedals

Campag toe clips and straps

Any help appreciated
;)

Re: Campag Aero Seatpost 26.8 and other Campag bits

Fast Eddie 13":2mmnh5kf said:
I have managed to source most parts for my classic racer restoration project, but I am still struggling to find the following components:

Campagnolo Aero Seatpost 26.8 diameter.

I already have one in 27.2 in great condition (early 90s Chorus, I believe) which, if interested, I will gladly swap.

Campag (or similar) classic road pedals

Campag toe clips and straps

Any help appreciated
;)

I can't help you with the seat post, but I could take the 27.2 one off your hands... :?:

Thanks for the interest! But preferably looking to swap.

I will leave the post for a couple of weeks. If no one is interested, I will then consider selling it for cash and look for the 26.8 seatpost at the 'bay

You thinking "superleggeri" type pedals? Or other type? (those that are curved at the front).
Latter type is more "correct" for aero seatpost.

I have a pair of the "curved" ones (mid-80s)- I think they are Chorus or CDA - you can have for £15 inc postage (most of the £15 IS the postage) but they are missing the clips.

To dbmtb:

Many thanks for the offer. I prefer to wait a bit to see if anything comes up, otherwise I will pm you in a week time. First I am going to check if I can get the toe-clips for these pedals. As you rightly indicated, they would match perfectly he whole group set (mainly early 90s chorus with some late 80 Record to spice it up a bit). I am going to ask at few LBS in my area to see if they have toe-clips. At the moment, there is one on ebay but in quite a sorry state for the price.

To Stick Legs:

Thanks again. I have seen your ad. I already had an identical seatpost 26.6 mm tracked down on a LBS. Your price is fine. The problem is that I am not very happy with the idea of having to shim the seatpost with a strip of coca-cola can: the only time I did it with a 27.0 mm seatpost to fit a 27.2 mm frame, the saddle and seatpost used to slid down few inches after riding for a couple of hours.

Hi,

Ededwards got one from me a few weeks ago. Do not know whether it is in use, maybe he would be open for a swap. Get in touch with him.

oops... sorry, I now realize the one Ed got was a 27.2. I have plenty 26.8, but all Shimano.

Can help you with toe clips though :)

Nicely made: Rounded edges, smooth curves.

Material: Aluminum
Size: M
Feautures: Very light!

17 euro shipped

NOS in box

3182183814_cc99862fb6_b.jpg

Thanks everybody for the interest and the offers of parts to complete my build. Hopefully I will post pictures of the finished steed in few weeks at the classic road forum.

I have sourced a pair of Campag Record pedals which should arrive in few days. Today I have won an auction for a 26.8 mm seatpost. Although it is not the rounded aero seat post I was looking for, I hope it will be OK for the time being.

Drunkenwill: I have now the original frame from which I sourced most components, including the 27.2 mm seatpost.

I am planning to sell it in following weeks and will offer it with BB and seatpost. If the buyer is not interested, I will PM you.

Thanks again.

Back