Been scammed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jason-75

Old School Hero
Been scammed by a member on here!

Not happy viewed a frame on here agreed a price then sent a scabby version. Didn't expect this on here.

Bit vague! Maybe you could elaborate, and have you tried to resolve any issues with the seller?

One of the downsides of distant buying is sometimes the pictures do not always show the flaws, always best to get as many shots of the item as possible and to communicate with the seller regarding condition.

Mark

Re:

did you follow the forum rules regarding payment? meaning normal paypal so you can get your money back should anything go wrong?

people get stitched up on any forum, it's not the forums fault.

while i sympathise with your situation retrobike is not immune to people who are crappy sellers, so to moan with no specifics is quite pointless. there is a dispute procedure but basically it amounts to us sending a message to that person, we are not the internet police but we try to help if we can.

Re:

I responded to a for sale post to be contacted by a member saying they had brought the frame but was selling it minus some parts that were in the original post. I had looked at the original post in great detail and was more than happy with the condition. To be fair the chap who brought it did send me 2 pics of what I thought was the frame and didn't feel the need to check as I had already checked it out. At no point did the seller state it was a different frame.
Yes I know I should have gone over the 2 pics sent but my understanding was I was being sold the frame from the ad.

Re:

then scammed is probably not the right word, someone showed you something and you assumed it was what it was, so clearly not the forums fault, best description is seller listed incorrectly and you weren't on the ball.

i'd recommend talking to the seller rather than moaning at the forum because clearly this is not the forums fault.

locking this as more discussion is pointless

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back