anyone need a respray!?

billinjah

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Right as tacky as it may sound (we stole the idea from Kyle MacDonald who swapped his way from a paperclip to a house) my brother and i have decided to have a competion to see who can do the same ( he reckons hell get to a porsche!)
We've decided to start with a carbon headset spacer as i have a bucket load of them! the item in question is 30mm carbon kevlar spacer for 1 1/8 forks basically id like to swap for anything interesting bike related or not.

The competion starts tonight and ends new years eve ill of course let you know who wins!
Please help me win as he so sure he will!!! :LOL:

Bod has got me to an amazing start! he offered a frame repaint to an amazingly high quality here is the info on his set up:

I work for a paint company that supplies companies like Bentley, Range Rover, Airbus, BA etc. The paints used will be 2 pack polyurethanes (if that means anything to anyone) and depending on the type of finish could either be what BA use on the the exterior of their aircraft which would make the thing being painted resistant to hydraulic oil, gamma radiation, temperatures down to minus 70 degrees centigrade etc. or would be in our effect system that could incorporate colour change crystals that you see used on TVRs, Rovers etc. or other special effects.
The average price to our customers for custom colour matching and spraying if we were to paint a bike frame would probably be in the region of £1500 for a single solid colour but the colour change effects are significantly higher as the effect layer alone costs £150 per litre and it ends up being a 4 layer system with the final clearcoats being applied in several layers on top of that to build gloss.
I can provide some pics of the spray booth so they know it's a proper set up but having said that this isn't what I do for a living, I just spray a lot of things for myself so while the finish will be very good it won't be, what I consider to be, perfect. I've offer this in the past and charged £200 but that was for a mate and I didn't take in to account the cost of paints, colour matching etc.
Hope this helps but if you have any questions just drop me a line.

so this is the service up for swap anything considered services are good also! i dont want people thinking im just doing this to get something for nothing its an experiment im interested in and at the end ill donate a sizeable chunk to this forum for upkeep. get you offers in guys thanks for reading!!

Attachments

• DSC05473.JPG
    DSC05473.JPG
    23.3 KB · Views: 1,507
right been offered a nice swap but its a service so ill have to offer it out to other members again in exchange for something else ill post all details when its confirmed.

so let me get this straight, you bave bod a carbon spacer, and he gave you a free spray job?

I don't quite understand :?

Are you asking people to give you something in return for the free spray job from bod, or are you offering it at a very low price? If the latter, then surely it defeats the object as you will then have cash, which you can't really "trade" with!

Please put me out of my misery as I am confused :oops:

Back