Anyone into Brit Anarcho punk...

..so you'll be talking about Chumbawamba then (anarchist punk)

BITD when I was riding round Leeds (in the guise of dashing young student teacher) on a Marin Eldridge Grade zolatone, Alice Nutter used to come round our house for tea. I made her a vegetable crumble, she said that it was "very nice". Nice to know anarchust punks had good table manners

Radar":1dj9f7rf said:

Daz "Harry" Hamer went to my school - where he actually learned to play drums. Him and his mate Paul used to sit at my dinnertable quite often and try to indoctrinate me away from the Bowie and U2 I was listening to.

One of the things I remember from that time is this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3lEko6kMfng

Radar":4pbvor2p said:

BITD when I was riding round Leeds (in the guise of dashing young student teacher) on a Marin Eldridge Grade zolatone, Alice Nutter used to come round our house for tea. I made her a vegetable crumble, she said that it was "very nice". Nice to know anarchust punks had good table manners

Chumbawamba are just one of many,some of the best are...

Crass
Conflict
Oi Polloi
Subhumans
Flux of Pink Indians
Rudi Peni
Amebix
Antisect

Plus many more not on K-Tel!! ;)

ps top tunes mikee :D

al.

will admit knowing nowt about chumbawumba ,other than the stand up sit down again john prescott years , just thought they were a bit

errr crap

i stand to be corrected tho

al, you have excellent taste in music.

Saw the Dead Kennedys at Leeds Poly back in 1986 (supported by millions of dead cops), and I've lost count of how many times I've seen GBH over the years - almost as many times as the UK Subs (Charlie Harper is now 67!), The Damned and SLF!

theres a thriving punk scene up here , my mate toosh tells me
there's even some young kids that go (christ how old do i seem)
but most are 50 + ,still with red mohos and safety pins
driving new insignias and mondeos :LOL:

Love the gothic stuff too, along with Psychobilly and allsorts. Your link led to me spending an afternoon watching a variety - Ramones, Angelic Upstarts, Anti Pasti, UK Subs, Killing Joke, Meteors, Guana Batz, King Kurt, Dead Kennedys (sheer classs) and more..................

Back