Any pics of a Raleigh Apex

leigh4013

Devout Dirtbag
Hi all, anyone got any info of the original spec or better still a pic as i got given a bare frame that i would like to try and rebuild.

Regards

Leigh

Hi mate, funny you should say that I bought mine back yesterday, and hoping to do the peaks on it tomorrow. :D

It had Exage gears in a putty grey colour, exage hubs, Alesa 6021 rims, and odd quality bits scattered about.

Edit, Is yours "pink" aka magenta? ;)

no idea what year mine is as the shifters are quite modernish, so I'm pointing at 92 as a guess. :?

For you I've had a rummage, though its hard to see the spec here and this was after i 'modernised' it for the commute duties..
Gonna start a readers rides thread tonight as I get it back in the right era and guise for tomorrow. :D

DSCN0245.jpg

I still have some matching colour bars for it, took em off as I thought they might be creaking but that was the flex stem, the bars do look they may have been over tightened at some point though.

Ah thats excellent, now have something to look at for some info, cheers shall post pics as it gets under way.

No probs, good to have someone interested! :D

Keep an eye on readers rides, gonn awang a few pics up tonight after a quick service and bar/stem/tyres transplant, and a report after tomorrow, 20 miles on a bike thats too small for me that I have not been on for over a year! :D

Look forward to seeing yours

Whats the story with yours?

Ah well it was my bothers and he upgraded loads with pace forks etc, but i remmber him getting a p7 to replace it and never gave a second thought to where it went, then the other weekend parent s where tidying the loft up and found the frame and forks, had clubroost stemalotugh i sure the flexistem is up there somewhere.

Brochure pic and angles.
2008pics_8476.jpg
[/img]
2008pics_8483.jpg
[/img]

I loved that Exage LT white finish when it was new :p

Titanium handle bar! :eek:

I'd better get it back on I thought it was some alloy copy effort!

retrobikes014.jpg

Apex thread now up BTW in readers bikes. :) Must put the flex stem back on!!

A few guys at the peaks were asking about the putty white Exage kit, quite odd this Exage LT, where did it fit into the range? wearing it out with my shoes though.

thanks for scan

BTW is it 1992?

Latest posts

Back