And today I did......

clockworkgazz":1n9xl9pk said:
is that an american classic seatpost? looking good.

If by "classic" you mean over 20 years old, then yes... no idea on origin... probably gonna have to hack saw the seat off in due course...

The fatboys you have on.Did you ever come across their wider version? .
I think it was 1.95 or 2.00 .Totally bald,not a bit of tread or cuts for water,looked like a large innertube. :?

I would kill for a pair of them :cool:

Now you mention it, when I bought these fatboys (with their very weak side wall!) I thought they looked a bit skinny compared to the fatboys (the wideboy?) I used to run on back in 2000....

BUt these ones are featureless and as smooth as my shiny pate!

Haven't come across the Kojak... that's got me interested - I've actually put a more robust slick on the back wheel after 3 blowouts in 2 months of cycling in urbania... so far all good - but it feels slightly more draggy (only 80psi) than the fatboy (which I pump to 105psi)

Today I took part in the works sponsored ride round Arran, took off myslef after Blackwaterfoot and finished in 3hrs 21mins which is a pb, well chuffed as the start was ropey and the day was abysmal!

Well in, as you say a real shite day for it but a good start to your training.

Buffed the Yo to within an inch of its life today, looks mint -glad it will be covered in mud after 2 mins :LOL: :LOL:

Having got the man in the shop to remove the pedals that had been in there for probably 20 years (successfully)... put the SPDs on it, replaced the ball bearings in the bearings, fixed the seat in place with some twisted coathanger bits, removed the lithium grease from the elastomers (very bad for them apparently) replaced with teflon grease, tightened up wheel bearings... breathe... cycled the cut-gate pass... absolutely perfect conditions... my mates on their specialized and Orange 5... me on Clockwork with Pace shocks - what a run out, absolutely mint. Bumped into a bunch of lads who upon spotting my wheels (and I quote) remarked: "Beast!", "Respect" and "Hardcore"... let me tell you, I was so proud... loved it... can't wait to get out there again - photo of the day, has to be my 'new' Pace shocks (1st ride out) snapped on the roof rack, pre-ride... quite proud of this:
main.php

Back