And today I did......

clockworkgazz":2nr21ztm said:
love to read about your work Si the clunker deserves a few more miles, BTW is the unicorn still on the cards?

Unicorn is progressing. Slowly but progressing none the less. Spring 2012 i guess.

This afternoon my wife, myself and our 2 girls MTB'd from the rugby club in Kinross to John Knox's Pulpit in the Lomonds. Mostly off-road following the tracks/footpaths around Loch Leven with the last part on single track up to John Knox's Pulpit. The last time we were up there was about 5 years ago. My impression was that some of the ruts on this track are a wee bit deeper causing pedals to catch when trying to pedal uphill. Got up there to find a pile of rubbish (bottles, cans) dumped by some arseholes. Couldn't carry it out as no room in my sac. Did take one bottle back, a full bottle of Magners that was lying in burn to cool. Still had foil on the top. The return on the single track was good with not much margin for error on some of it with drops off to your left. Lots of scratches on boulders from pedals and chain-rings.
Some day I've got to go all the way over to other side of Lomonds to explore Mikee's hills. :cool:
My oldest daughter was using the Wolf Ridge that I've finally finished for her. Might put a few pics up of it in a few days.

...This!

It's alive, at last!

main.php
Finally got my PACE RC35s together and on the bike - marvellous!

Rode her into work this morning - 10 mile urban route, rode absolutely fine, even passed a few of them road bikers - although the shocks looked permanently about 50% compressed ~ new / tougher elastomers needed (or should I lose a bit of weight? :oops: )

clockworkgazz":peejvnqz said:
Looks good now get some knobbly tyres on it and get it muddy.

Don't fret - the knobblers are going on this weekend, heading up to Ladybower Reservoir, let's see how she compares to all of her contemporaries!

Cheers...
Despite it's appearance, I've never ridden on a more comfy seat... although sadly the whole adjusting mechanism has fused into one lump and has recently started to wobble... I intend to invest in a new one soonish, but funds/wife dictate only one item / per month at the mo... next up is cranks / pedals... they're 20 years old, probably never been off the bike, doubt that they were greased when installed... tried the old spanner / scaff pipe approach but no dice... been WD40ing them daily, and now I'm going to try the heat trick... apparently when heated up (with gas stove / blow torch) the aluminum and steel expand by different amounts which may be sufficient to free the pedals... or I might just have to buy some new ones..! WTS

slightly better piccy (been using my phone):
main.php

that looks a nicely patina'd bike poolio
forks look mint tho

get some pics of it in its natural enviroment

mikee":2pmhe2b9 said:
that looks a nicely patina'd bike poolio

New colour scheme's last on the menu... whilst living in that there smokey London-town (having had 2 bikes nicked by the local scrotes) I decided to respray it a delightful shade of matt-black, to avoid the gaze of any would be thieves (seems to be working currently as well - working in Manchester City Centre, and no-one's had a go, although I'm not holding my breath this week!)...

Think I'm eventually going to go for this slightly green/opalescent matt grey/black I saw on an AlfaRomeo the other day (if I can get hold of any) then some decals and shazam done - that should be by about 2017 at my current rate...

Back