And today I did......

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
velomaniac":ryf9o5mo said:
Old Red Fat tyres look good and work much better than I thought though not in gloop as expected.They're big baloon jobs, low psi but big volume, very comfy, big footprint. They'll be fitted to my steed at the drum :D

Spot on velo, my big fat 29er tyres are great for that reason, low psi works really well.

zigzag":1ljqvcnr said:
clockworkgazz":1ljqvcnr said:
You got a pic of the sbike? Its the one bike i would consider getting again, didn't know they were prone to cracking :?:

No ano please :LOL:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 2885689339

I think that's the one... You had a silvery one, no?

Black

sbike.jpg

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Its the alloy ones that break as indicated in the ebay advert description, that bikes a steel one. Mind you it could bend, it is a form over function design, cant possibly be as strong as the diamond frame classic without some serious overbuilding in certain areas. So in short Eck, ride light, dont jump it from any serious height.

Rather cool though :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

velomaniac":vwf838f8 said:
Its the alloy ones that break as indicated in the ebay advert description, that bikes a steel one. Mind you it could bend, it is a form over function design, cant possibly be as strong as the diamond frame classic without some serious overbuilding in certain areas. So in short Eck, ride light, dont jump it from any serious height.

Rather cool though :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

so if it says it in an e-bay advert then it must be true? Given how few of these bikes there were even BITD it's no surprize you don't see that many and given the steel ones were at the cheaper end of the range it makes sense that you will see more of these types. Agree they cannot be as strong as the clasic frame diamond but I'm sure you will be safe eck ;)

Attachments

• sbike95800.jpg
    sbike95800.jpg
    165.6 KB · Views: 125
Gaz, I have heard that S-Bikes have a weakness and I said that the advert indicated this. I did not say that the advert was my soul point of info. Further at our Mugdock meet oh so long ago you were there on your S-Bike and we had this discussion further proving that the ebay ad is not my soul point of reference. Do not belittle what I said, I shared info I had aquired as we all do on this site. Many S-Bikes have not broken and this is good and I'm sure Eck will enjoy his bike. Warnings are useful though, it allows considered judgements to be made. Forewarned is forearmed ;)

Latest posts

Back