And today I did......

Today I serviced the commuter, after nigh on a year it needed a spruce! I also started the build of the Vicious, total bugger, every job was a hassle! Anyhoo looking like a bike now, still got brakes to fit and chain to sus out(the tensioner I'm using seems to be very fussy about chain length :? ) I also need to get a new seat collar as the bloody powder coat is so thick.

kaiser":2my941f0 said:
mikee":2my941f0 said:
i'd have those blue graftons from you mark

:LOL: :LOL:

Indeed :LOL: , those are cheap a55 Forge things Mike, funny thing is they are solid but different lengths (why they are in the pile), looked good on the Manitou though, funny thing is i could'nt feel the different length, dont know what that says about my riding :LOL:

I could'nt look at Graftons or Cooks etc, with my luck with cranks they'd crumble in my hand before i even fitted them to the bike :LOL:

Bought a new front tyre for the Zaskar, a 2.4 Continental, already have a 2.2 for the rear, these are to replace the DMR "street" tyres on it at the minute .

Determined to get a bit fitter for Drum so walked the 2.5 miles to Halfords and walked back carrying the tyre :LOL:, took 1 hour 20 all in.

velomaniac":1tbvtczv said:

First 2 are interesting and i cant decide whether the white or black would best suit the Rudy.Dont want to get it wrong at this stage :?
Ill take some pics of the tonight and hopefully you chaps can help me decide :?

I thought the 3rd set was more your cup of tea velo ;) :LOL:

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
I fancy the third set for my BMX cruiser.

Today i finally sorted out the rear Hope disc adaptor alignment issues on Simonside's ShonkJumper. Also making a start on building the Cotic back up. Its been in bits for a good few months now. Looking rather oldskool with rigid forks, flat bars, silver parts and thumbshifters (modern 9 speed Dura-Ace bar end shifters on mounts). Just need brakes and a rear mech to finish. I might go for a Shimano road mech as they look a little more oldskool that the ugly (but effective) shadow MTB items.

Does anyone have a decent disc brake set doing nowt? Cash or tasty swaps??

I let bushpig know about them - they look a good match for his cunningham indian should he ever want to ride it.

The tread pattern is far too modern really. Alright on an old shitter but not right for a lovely 'ham. It's the old snakebelly tread he would want I guess.

Dyna-Ti wrote:
velomaniac wrote:
Dyna from this site might I suggest :

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-X-26-x-2-10 ... 415bcaebe6

or

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-X-MTB-BIKE- ... 2a128e669a

or

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1PR-RED-MOUNT ... 2a124fddc9

First 2 are interesting and i cant decide whether the white or black would best suit the Rudy.Dont want to get it wrong at this stage
Ill take some pics of the tonight and hopefully you chaps can help me decide

I thought the 3rd set was more your cup of tea velo

And you'd be right as I now own a set. They're a wee bit heavy and the tread is definitely more cruiser than mtb but they're undoubtably authentic 80's tyres. Superga were/are an italian rival to Pirelli but are more into the shoe business than the tyre market.
I think I like them as weight is never an issue on my builds ;)

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Latest posts

Back