And today I did......

velomaniac":h4pkr9vn said:
Dear me thats a bit strong :shock:

Before the invention of mtb specific trail, that is BITD you'd have to deal with pedestrians without wishing them harm. Get with the retro spirit good fellow and react as once you did with an'excuse me please' and a 'thank you, most kind ' with a polite wave and tring tring of your bell ;)

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Agree, just need to chill man, been round Pollock loads of times, encountered loads of dog walkers, some on the cycle trails, never had a problem, the walkers are not breaking any law.

It's not a race track, it can be annoying when walkers or slow riders break your stride but live and let live.

Worth bearing in mind that in this day and age of litigation and health and safety it could only take one serious clash between cyclist/pedestrian or cyclist/cyclist for the park to close the cycle trails, ban bikes and spoil it for everyone.

Even enough complaints from non bike park users could put an end to the fun, Pollock Park is a Public Park first, MTB course second.

RobMac":24keotw5 said:
Looks like Ive just sold my Pace.
Ive owned it from new exactly 20 years.

Mixed feelings :(

Why did you sell Rob ?

Had mixed feelings before when i've sold a car (like my last 3.0S Capri) but looking at the resulting pile of cash usually un-mixes them :)

velomaniac":p8bcqc6u said:
Before the invention of mtb specific trail, that is BITD you'd have to deal with pedestrians without wishing them harm.
That's the point though, on every other path in that park (or anywhere else) I go slow round dogs, give way to walkers, nod to runners and all that stuff. Always have done.

But on a purpose built and signposted MTB trail I don't want to have consider clowns wandering on the track and dogs popping out from behind trees. It's tricky enough as it is. Consideration works both ways.

There should be signs saying "walk this track at your own risk" or something, with a photo of a body after being hit by a 40lb full susser at 30mph. Like they do on fags. That might learn them.

jimihendrix":gg37920l said:
Even enough complaints from non bike park users could put an end to the fun, Pollock Park is a Public Park first, MTB course second.
Why would anyone complain that a bike was on a bike track? What next? Complaining that a boat is on a loch?

Complaints like that need treating with the contempt they deserve.

jimihendrix":itybtwoe said:
RobMac":itybtwoe said:
Looks like Ive just sold my Pace.
Ive owned it from new exactly 20 years.

Mixed feelings :(

Why did you sell Rob ?

Had mixed feelings before when i've sold a car (like my last 3.0S Capri) but looking at the resulting pile of cash usually un-mixes them :)

It was a impulse thing, somebody was looking for a bike and at that precise second I'd needed money fast so I answered the Wanted post.
The crazy thing is my cash problem eased a bit just before being paid
for the bike. How the hell can you get attached to a chunk of metal? :?

Jeepers Techodup, your rather hot under the collar concerning this issue. Why not register a complaint to the park authorities regarding the pedestrians just in case they get in first. Officials tend to take note or ignore those who complain the most, but no one cares about those who say nothing ;)

technodup":2vsa69zo said:
jimihendrix":2vsa69zo said:
Why would anyone complain that a bike was on a bike track? What next? Complaining that a boat is on a loch?

Complaints like that need treating with the contempt they deserve.

Next they'll be taking their dogs for a walk/dump on a skateboard park then moaning because they nearly got knocked down by "hoodies on boards".
Our rugby clubs' 2 pitches are surrounded with dog-shit bins, but the dog walkers still insist on walking their dogs across the pitches. They are then too lazy/stupid to pick it up and then walk, FFS, across to deposit it in the bins.

Better stop now before the vein on my forehead starts to bulge. :x

Be calm everyone, step away from the rose tinted specs, the past and present are one. Eejits and undesirables have always existed, we get upset at the non removal of dog faeces and yet not that long ago there were no laws against it and even further back no one cared. Roll your eyes, shrug your shoulders and get on with stuff. Losing the heid and cursing this that and the next achieves nothing. If stuff concerns you do positive stuff to sort it, if you dont then you part of the problem, whats the point of anger, its not worth the candle.

velomaniac":208hp3o6 said:
Jeepers Techodup, your rather hot under the collar concerning this issue.
I'm over it, but it doesn't make me wrong. I'm all for live and let live but boats belong on water, pedestrians on footpaths and bikes on trails. I would understand it if it was jetski v rowing boat on a loch, or bike v cars on the road as they've both equal rights but this is a small bike trail in a massive park.

Why not register a complaint to the park authorities regarding the pedestrians
Not my style. And I don't buy the happy clappy positivity solution either. I'll keep doing exactly the same and take my chances.

just in case they get in first.
Let them. Won't stop me riding in my local park. And my bike will last longer than their dog. ;)

And now I've just realised I'd better check my tyres for dogshit, else I might get a tasty reminder tomorrow. :roll: :)

OK point taken but please and this goes for us all, lets keep our anger and aggression off this site. Its about old bikes ultimately :D

Back